Dagenham school shortlisted for national creativity award
- Credit: Archant
A school in Dagenham has been shortlisted for the national Creative School of the Year award.
Dagenham Park Church of England School will now compete against some of the best schools in the country at the 2018 TES School Awards.
This is the second consecutive year that the school has attended the awards. Last year they scooped the English Team of the Year award.
Headteacher Chris Ash said: “As a Church of England school we value the unique creative individuality of each and every one of our students.
“We intentionally plan our curriculum to allow the time, space and encouragement for our students to develop the moral, spiritual, intellectual, civic and moral virtues which form a solid and deeply rooted foundation for them to embrace their futures with confidence, resilience and creativity.”
You may also want to watch:
Performance arts and physical learning area leader Jenni Lewis said: “Dagenham Park CofE School has been a hub for creativity for many years and last year we continued to build on our strong partnerships as well as broadening our work of using the arts to support school improvement.
“The result of this has been a rich and diverse range of cultural opportunities for our students, increased engagement in learning and raised standards in the classroom. The fact that we have been shortlisted is a testament to the unwavering commitment of the staff to improving outcomes and opportunities for our students.”
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 4 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 5 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Dagenham restaurant excited to celebrate return of diners 'safely together'
- 8 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 9 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 10 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
The winners will be revealed on June 22.