Dagenham school shortlisted for national creativity award
- Credit: Archant
A school in Dagenham has been shortlisted for the national Creative School of the Year award.
Dagenham Park Church of England School will now compete against some of the best schools in the country at the 2018 TES School Awards.
This is the second consecutive year that the school has attended the awards. Last year they scooped the English Team of the Year award.
Headteacher Chris Ash said: “As a Church of England school we value the unique creative individuality of each and every one of our students.
“We intentionally plan our curriculum to allow the time, space and encouragement for our students to develop the moral, spiritual, intellectual, civic and moral virtues which form a solid and deeply rooted foundation for them to embrace their futures with confidence, resilience and creativity.”
Performance arts and physical learning area leader Jenni Lewis said: “Dagenham Park CofE School has been a hub for creativity for many years and last year we continued to build on our strong partnerships as well as broadening our work of using the arts to support school improvement.
“The result of this has been a rich and diverse range of cultural opportunities for our students, increased engagement in learning and raised standards in the classroom. The fact that we have been shortlisted is a testament to the unwavering commitment of the staff to improving outcomes and opportunities for our students.”
- 1 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 2 Savvy driver saves ducks who had strayed onto the A13
- 3 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 4 Dagenham cat with misshapen eye struggles to find home
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 6 Homes under the Planner: Applications submitted or approved recently
- 7 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 8 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 9 Dagenham woman to face trial on numerous robbery charges
- 10 Boy, 5, dies after 'unexplained' incident off Heathway
The winners will be revealed on June 22.