Dagenham schoolchildren become detectives for challenge day
- Credit: Archant
Wannabe detectives were confronted with a crime scene – at their primary school.
Year four, five and six pupils from Five Elms in Dagenham tested their problem solving skills by collecting evidence for a sweet-stealing scenario as part of challenge day.
Meanwhile youngsters in years one to three created colourful greetings cards.
Enabling Enterprise is working with staff and pupils at the Wood Lane school to develop life skills.
Chantelle Scott, education associate for Enabling Enterprise, said: “Challenge day is such a great way for the children to build on the skills they have been practising through their projects.
“We all had such a fantastic time – you could feel the buzz around the school.”
- 1 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 2 Dagenham mum says council is 'neglecting daughters' health'
- 3 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 4 Thousands watch Barking Christmas lights switch-on
- 5 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 6 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 7 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 8 Student nurse charged with alleged rape
- 9 'It's the right time': Dame Margaret Hodge on not seeking re-election
- 10 Councillors visit Ben Kinsella Trust anti-knife crime exhibition