Dagenham secondary receives prestigious award
- Credit: Archant
A Dagenham secondary school is among just four in the country to have earned a prestigious award.
All Saints Catholic School, in Terlington Road, has been accredited with the matrix standard following a rigorous assessment.
It demonstates that staff are being supported with their professional development as well as the students they teach.
The school offers youngsters career interviews, Aimhigher activities and work experience to help them achieve their goals.
Christine Smart, matrix assessor, said: “All Saints Catholic School has developed an extensive programme to support its students to be able to undertake steps that will lead them to their ultimate objective.
You may also want to watch:
“It is recognised externally that this range of support is greater than in other similar schools in the borough.”
Assessors considered four elements – leadership and management, resources, service delivery and continuous quality improvement.
- 1 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 2 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 3 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 4 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 5 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 6 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 7 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 8 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder