Dagenham students star in Gok Wan style TV show
Students from a secondary school in Dagenham are starring in a three part series with fashion consultant and presenter Gok Wan.
Ten pupils from All Saints Catholic School appeared on Gok’s Teens: The Naked Truth which airs tomorrow night on Channel 4. The series aims to tackle issues that teenagers face such as lack of body confidence, bullying and sexuality.
Gok’s Body Confidence movement, which began last year, will also feature in the series and is now available to download as a Body Confidence lesson plan. It encourages students to talk openly and improve their self esteem through simple exercises and role play in the classroom.
In the third episode of the series, the All Saints students attend the country’s largest body confidence lesson. Joining them will be MPs and representatives from various charities such as Body Gossip, Anti Depression Alliance and Y Touring.
Speaking about the lesson, 14-year-old Katie Graves said: “It is good to know that even if you may not feel that you are perfect, someone else will; we should have confidence in ourselves no matter what we look like.”
You may also want to watch:
Drew Fisher, 14 said: “Body confidence should be in schools to develop our confidence and help us to be comfortable with who we are and what we look like.”
Clara Penfold, 14 said: “My self confidence was five out of ten at the start but now it is at least eight out of ten.”
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 5 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 College student selected as national finalist with pearly king photo series
- 8 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 9 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 10 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race