Dagenham students take over the Post
We are six Year 10 and 11 students from Robert Clack School in Dagenham who have guest edited tomorrow’s edition of the Post.
At the Post we written features including Post People, My View for an extended Choose Your Future campaign page, as well as sharing personal stories and experiences.
We heard about the opportunity at one of our school council meetings when the editor Laura Adams came and spoke to us about it.
We have been at the Archant Offices in Ilford for about four weeks, planning and writing what we were going to include in our paper.
With the guidance of Laura Adams and news editor Eleanore Robinson (as well as a few other members of the team) we found the experience interesting and educational.
You may also want to watch:
For some of us it has helped us decide what we want our future to be, and whether journalism is the correct career path. We would like to thank everyone at the Barking and Dagenham Post for giving us such an amazing experience.
*See the students’ work in tomorrow’s Post.
- 1 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 3 Barking and Dagenham gets ready to mark St George's Day
- 4 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 5 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 6 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 7 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 8 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post