Dagenham students take over the Post
We are six Year 10 and 11 students from Robert Clack School in Dagenham who have guest edited tomorrow’s edition of the Post.
At the Post we written features including Post People, My View for an extended Choose Your Future campaign page, as well as sharing personal stories and experiences.
We heard about the opportunity at one of our school council meetings when the editor Laura Adams came and spoke to us about it.
We have been at the Archant Offices in Ilford for about four weeks, planning and writing what we were going to include in our paper.
With the guidance of Laura Adams and news editor Eleanore Robinson (as well as a few other members of the team) we found the experience interesting and educational.
You may also want to watch:
For some of us it has helped us decide what we want our future to be, and whether journalism is the correct career path. We would like to thank everyone at the Barking and Dagenham Post for giving us such an amazing experience.
*See the students’ work in tomorrow’s Post.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 5 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 10 Dagenham on the way back up after FA Cup comeback