Dagenham university campus welcomes first students to apprenticeship degree course
- Credit: CU London
Dagenham’s university campus is set to welcome its first apprentices.
Mario Ndokaj and Jamilah Riat will be studying at CU London, which opened at the former Civic Centre last year.
They work for logistics and manufacturing company Unipart, and by completing CU London’s digital and technology solutions professional degree apprenticeship, they will be able to earn while studying but also have the opportunity to progress within their company.
Mario said: “I want to develop as a person and working with CU London will help me to work and study simultaneously, giving me the best of both worlds.”
They are the first to join the degree apprentices scheme, which offers a low-cost, career-focused mode of education.
You may also want to watch:
They are available to anyone aged 18 or over and are available to anyone new to a role.
CU London is hoping to work with more companies to provide apprenticeship degrees in the near future.
- 1 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations
- 2 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 3 Patrols target antisocial behaviour in Barking town centre
- 4 Mum of girl with rare genetic condition vows to keep raising awareness
- 5 Barking Riverside homeowners urge developer to cover cost of decking replacements
- 6 What is changing when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 7 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 8 Man shot in the face in Dagenham
- 9 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote
- 10 Doctors 'concerned' patients' health will suffer due to non-Covid backlog