Dagenham university campus welcomes first students to apprenticeship degree course
- Credit: CU London
Dagenham’s university campus is set to welcome its first apprentices.
Mario Ndokaj and Jamilah Riat will be studying at CU London, which opened at the former Civic Centre last year.
They work for logistics and manufacturing company Unipart, and by completing CU London’s digital and technology solutions professional degree apprenticeship, they will be able to earn while studying but also have the opportunity to progress within their company.
Mario said: “I want to develop as a person and working with CU London will help me to work and study simultaneously, giving me the best of both worlds.”
They are the first to join the degree apprentices scheme, which offers a low-cost, career-focused mode of education.
You may also want to watch:
They are available to anyone aged 18 or over and are available to anyone new to a role.
CU London is hoping to work with more companies to provide apprenticeship degrees in the near future.
- 1 Barking butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 3 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 4 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 5 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 6 'The entire game will mourn him': Tributes to football great Jimmy Greaves
- 7 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 8 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL