Dagenham university campus welcomes first students to apprenticeship degree course
- Credit: CU London
Dagenham’s university campus is set to welcome its first apprentices.
Mario Ndokaj and Jamilah Riat will be studying at CU London, which opened at the former Civic Centre last year.
They work for logistics and manufacturing company Unipart, and by completing CU London’s digital and technology solutions professional degree apprenticeship, they will be able to earn while studying but also have the opportunity to progress within their company.
Mario said: “I want to develop as a person and working with CU London will help me to work and study simultaneously, giving me the best of both worlds.”
They are the first to join the degree apprentices scheme, which offers a low-cost, career-focused mode of education.
They are available to anyone aged 18 or over and are available to anyone new to a role.
CU London is hoping to work with more companies to provide apprenticeship degrees in the near future.
- 1 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 2 Ex-soldier launches business to help veterans 'regain their identity'
- 3 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 4 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
- 5 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 6 Book examines police failings in Stephen Port investigation
- 7 Bow man charged with three offences after Dagenham stabbing
- 8 Dagenham man loses third of bodyweight during lockdown
- 9 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 10 Quickfire double sends Dagenham & Redbridge past Southend United