Dancers relaunch Dagenham sports centre
Dancers put on an exiting show to mark the reopening of an improved sports centre in Dagenham.
Dagenham Park School Leisure Centre has been fitted with new outdoor pitches, three netball courts and a new games area for rounders and tennis.
The new outdoor pitches were built as part of a multi-million pound upgrade of Dagenham Park secondary school in School Road.
Sports centre bosses hope the new facilities will help to fill the void left by Goresbrook Leisure Centre off the A13 in Dagenham, which was decomissioned this summer.
Dagenham Park students and members of the Expressativity Seven Stage School performed dance and musical theatre on Sunday to relaunch the leisure centre.
You may also want to watch:
The East London Hockey team also played on the new pitch.
One spectator, Tracey Reed, said: “It was fantastic to see some great sports facilities in the borough for the local community and very nice to experience good personal service in a local centre.”
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 5 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 6 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 7 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Pedestrian crossing improvements after campaign by Dagenham pupils
For more information on the sports centre call 020 8724 1312.