Dancers relaunch Dagenham sports centre
Dancers put on an exiting show to mark the reopening of an improved sports centre in Dagenham.
Dagenham Park School Leisure Centre has been fitted with new outdoor pitches, three netball courts and a new games area for rounders and tennis.
The new outdoor pitches were built as part of a multi-million pound upgrade of Dagenham Park secondary school in School Road.
Sports centre bosses hope the new facilities will help to fill the void left by Goresbrook Leisure Centre off the A13 in Dagenham, which was decomissioned this summer.
Dagenham Park students and members of the Expressativity Seven Stage School performed dance and musical theatre on Sunday to relaunch the leisure centre.
You may also want to watch:
The East London Hockey team also played on the new pitch.
One spectator, Tracey Reed, said: “It was fantastic to see some great sports facilities in the borough for the local community and very nice to experience good personal service in a local centre.”
- 1 Barking butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 3 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 4 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 5 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 6 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 7 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 8 'The entire game will mourn him': Tributes to football great Jimmy Greaves
- 9 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 10 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
For more information on the sports centre call 020 8724 1312.