Dancers relaunch Dagenham sports centre
Dancers put on an exiting show to mark the reopening of an improved sports centre in Dagenham.
Dagenham Park School Leisure Centre has been fitted with new outdoor pitches, three netball courts and a new games area for rounders and tennis.
The new outdoor pitches were built as part of a multi-million pound upgrade of Dagenham Park secondary school in School Road.
Sports centre bosses hope the new facilities will help to fill the void left by Goresbrook Leisure Centre off the A13 in Dagenham, which was decomissioned this summer.
Dagenham Park students and members of the Expressativity Seven Stage School performed dance and musical theatre on Sunday to relaunch the leisure centre.
The East London Hockey team also played on the new pitch.
One spectator, Tracey Reed, said: “It was fantastic to see some great sports facilities in the borough for the local community and very nice to experience good personal service in a local centre.”
- 1 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 2 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 3 Barking and Dagenham gets lowly ranking for 'healthy streets'
- 4 Serving Met officer suspended from duty after stalking charge
- 5 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 6 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge relishing first friendly says Rance
- 8 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 9 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 10 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
For more information on the sports centre call 020 8724 1312.