Dancers relaunch Dagenham sports centre
Dancers put on an exiting show to mark the reopening of an improved sports centre in Dagenham.
Dagenham Park School Leisure Centre has been fitted with new outdoor pitches, three netball courts and a new games area for rounders and tennis.
The new outdoor pitches were built as part of a multi-million pound upgrade of Dagenham Park secondary school in School Road.
Sports centre bosses hope the new facilities will help to fill the void left by Goresbrook Leisure Centre off the A13 in Dagenham, which was decomissioned this summer.
Dagenham Park students and members of the Expressativity Seven Stage School performed dance and musical theatre on Sunday to relaunch the leisure centre.
The East London Hockey team also played on the new pitch.
One spectator, Tracey Reed, said: “It was fantastic to see some great sports facilities in the borough for the local community and very nice to experience good personal service in a local centre.”
- 1 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 2 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 4 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
- 5 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 6 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 7 Ex-soldier launches business to help veterans 'regain their identity'
- 8 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 9 Man in hospital after Dagenham stabbing
- 10 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
For more information on the sports centre call 020 8724 1312.