Fun for everyone at official opening of Dagenham nursery
- Credit: Archant
A fun-filled day was had by all including the leader of the council at the offical opening of a children’s nursery.
The opening celebration of Leaping Toads in Rectory Road, Dagenham, on Saturday, July 13, saw the leader of Barking and Dagenham Council, Darren Rodwell, cut then jump through the ribbon to declare the nursery officially open.
Arabella Faratro, Leaping Toads co-founder, said: "We were very excited to welcome children and families for a fun-filled afternoon, marking the launch of our new nursery."
In his speech, Cllr Rodwell talked about when he, as a small child, would play and have fun in the same spot, and was now pleased that the building was being used by future generations.
Youngsters enjoyed a bouncy castle, face painting, arts and crafts, dance and martial arts.
You may also want to watch:
Leaping Toads, registered by Ofsted, is a full day nursery for children aged two to five and offers after-school activities for children aged five to 12, including music, art, taekwondo martial arts and languages.
- 1 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 3 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 6 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 7 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 9 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 10 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks