Find out how your child’s Barking and Dagenham school fared in latest GCSE league tables
- Credit: Archant
Riverside School has been recognised as the top performing secondary school for progress in Barking and Dagenham.
Today (Thursday) the Department for Education (DforE) published secondary school league tables, featuring the results of students sitting GCSEs in English and maths last year.
The tables use raw GCSE results and a raft of data from the DforE to evaluate how well pupils progress in a school since starting in secondary school and sitting their exams – resulting in Progress 8 and Attainment 8 scores.
Progress 8 scores are centred around 0, with most schools within the range of -1 to +1. The data shows how many schools have missed the government’s floor standard of -0.5.
With a Progress 8 Score of +0.91, the value added score of pupils at Riverside from primary school to GCSE is the highest in Barking and Dagenham, while several others performed ‘above average’.
You may also want to watch:
Overall performance at end of key stage 4 in 2018 (Progress 8):
‘Well above average’:
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 4 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 5 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 8 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 9 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 10 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
Riverside School: 0.91
All Saints Catholic School and Technology College: 0.49
Eastbury Community School: 0.4
Barking Abbey School: 0.34
Jo Richardson Community School: 0.27
The Sydney Russell School: 0.17
The Warren School: 0.06
Dagenham Park School: 0.05
Robert Clack School: -0.19
‘Well above average’:
Eastbrook School: -0.63
No data is available for independent schools or schools which did not have pupils sit GCSEs this year.