Drop expected in GCSE results published tomorrow
SCHOOLS across the country are bracing themselves for the new GCSE league table results which will be published tomorrow.
This year’s results are expected to show a major drop in the league for many schools as the coalition government introduced new benchmarks to measure the attainment levels of secondary school pupils.
A School’s performance will be measured on how many pupils achieved A* to C grades in five specific subjects including science, history and languages.
Currently tables are based on good grades in English and Maths plus three other non-specific subjects.
The move is supposed to give traditional subjects a boost and create an ‘English Baccalaureate’ similar to the
You may also want to watch:
The government is also publishing new ‘spend data’ to reveal the per head expenditure of each local authority-run primary and secondary school on teaching staff, energy and catering in the last year.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 10 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault