Drop expected in GCSE results published tomorrow
SCHOOLS across the country are bracing themselves for the new GCSE league table results which will be published tomorrow.
This year’s results are expected to show a major drop in the league for many schools as the coalition government introduced new benchmarks to measure the attainment levels of secondary school pupils.
A School’s performance will be measured on how many pupils achieved A* to C grades in five specific subjects including science, history and languages.
Currently tables are based on good grades in English and Maths plus three other non-specific subjects.
The move is supposed to give traditional subjects a boost and create an ‘English Baccalaureate’ similar to the
You may also want to watch:
The government is also publishing new ‘spend data’ to reveal the per head expenditure of each local authority-run primary and secondary school on teaching staff, energy and catering in the last year.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 2 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 3 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 'Woke rubbish': Losing candidate on stir over 'unspellable' names comment
- 6 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 7 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 8 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 9 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 10 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night