Duo win paid internships with Post after student takeover
- Credit: Archant
Two students have secured paid internships with the Post after impressing during our student takeover project.
Over the last month a group of media savvy students from Barking and Dagenham College have been put through their paces to see if they can cut it in the fast-paced and competitive industry.
And now we are pleased to annouce that Julius Razanauskas, 18, and Jamilatu Sesay, 27, will both benefit from a 10 week paid internship at our Media House headquarters in Ilford.
Julius will work across the business alongside our commercial teams while gaining experience with our web developers, journalists and marketing department after impressing with his design and web developing skills, work ethic and commitment. Jamilatu has secured an editorial internship where she will benefit from further experience, guidance and support in producing engaging content. She impressed with her work ethic, punctuality and ability to overcome adversity to succeed.
Cathy Walsh OBE, principal and chief executive of Barking and Dagenham College, said: “This project is an amazing opportunity and I’m delighted that once again two students have been given the chance to secure paid work and take their first step into employment.”
You may also want to watch:
Addressing the takeover students directly, she said: “You only get seven seconds to make a first impression and you’ve all certainly done this and then seen it ithrough. You all should be very proud.”
It’s the second year the Post, published by Archant, has undertaken the Create Your Future Student Takeover project. Last year’s editorial intern Jacob Ranson went on to secure a two year journalism apprenticeship with the Post.
- 1 Barking butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 3 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 4 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 5 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 6 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 7 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 8 'The entire game will mourn him': Tributes to football great Jimmy Greaves
- 9 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 10 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
All the takeover students will now help plan the college’s summer marketing campaign.