Dagenham school starts term with new buildings, pupils and staff
- Credit: Archant
New buildings, year groups and switching staff have greeted pupils at a Dagenham school for the new academic year.
Eastbrook School has undergone a number of changes, including revamped facilities and an ‘all-through’ teaching system, meaning it now caters for both primary and secondary pupils.
Headteacher Valerie Dennis retired last month after 12 years at the school in Dagenham Road, replaced by deputy head Paul Frith.
Eastbrook has also appointed an executive headteacher, John Gillard, and Evan Hollows, who becomes head of primary.
“I am determined to make Eastbrook a truly excellent school that meets the needs of all its students and prepares them fully for adult life,” said Mr Frith.
You may also want to watch:
“We now have outstanding facilities, along with a highly skilled and extremely determined team of teachers and I genuinely believe that there are no limits to what can be achieved here.”
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
- 10 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street