Dagenham school starts term with new buildings, pupils and staff
- Credit: Archant
New buildings, year groups and switching staff have greeted pupils at a Dagenham school for the new academic year.
Eastbrook School has undergone a number of changes, including revamped facilities and an ‘all-through’ teaching system, meaning it now caters for both primary and secondary pupils.
Headteacher Valerie Dennis retired last month after 12 years at the school in Dagenham Road, replaced by deputy head Paul Frith.
Eastbrook has also appointed an executive headteacher, John Gillard, and Evan Hollows, who becomes head of primary.
“I am determined to make Eastbrook a truly excellent school that meets the needs of all its students and prepares them fully for adult life,” said Mr Frith.
You may also want to watch:
“We now have outstanding facilities, along with a highly skilled and extremely determined team of teachers and I genuinely believe that there are no limits to what can be achieved here.”
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 6 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 9 Dagenham held to a draw at Stockport as they continue unbeaten run
- 10 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings