Dagenham school starts term with new buildings, pupils and staff
- Credit: Archant
New buildings, year groups and switching staff have greeted pupils at a Dagenham school for the new academic year.
Eastbrook School has undergone a number of changes, including revamped facilities and an ‘all-through’ teaching system, meaning it now caters for both primary and secondary pupils.
Headteacher Valerie Dennis retired last month after 12 years at the school in Dagenham Road, replaced by deputy head Paul Frith.
Eastbrook has also appointed an executive headteacher, John Gillard, and Evan Hollows, who becomes head of primary.
“I am determined to make Eastbrook a truly excellent school that meets the needs of all its students and prepares them fully for adult life,” said Mr Frith.
You may also want to watch:
“We now have outstanding facilities, along with a highly skilled and extremely determined team of teachers and I genuinely believe that there are no limits to what can be achieved here.”
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 8 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 9 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 10 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils