Eastbury Community School Sixth Form in Barking earns Outstanding Ofsted rating for leadership and top results
- Credit: Archant
Eastbury Community School Sixth Form has been rated Outstanding by Ofsted.
In an inspection in July, the school was praised for its’ leadership and students’ high aspirations.
The Barking sixth form achieved an 100 per cent A-level pass rate in August, which earned them a place in the top five pc of schools in terms of progress.
David Dickson, executive head at Eastbury, said: “I am extremely privileged to be working with highly dedicated and caring staff, enthusiastic students and supportive parents, governors and local authority.
“This recognition by Ofsted, together with the best A Level results in the borough, is a tribute to the hard work of both students and staff. Everybody should feel proud of their achievements, and naturally I am absolutely delighted.”
You may also want to watch:
The Ofsted report said high expectations were set for pupils, which resulted in rigorous training and outstanding results.
Councillor Evelyn Carpenter, cabinet member for education, said: “This is brilliant news and another example of how well schools in Barking and Dagenham are doing. The rating of Outstanding shows the incredible work the staff and pupils of Eastbury have put in and they thoroughly deserve the recognition.”
- 1 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 3 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 6 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 7 Barking Riverside homeowners urge developer to cover cost of decking replacements
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Man shot in the face in Dagenham
- 10 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations