A-level results: Elutec engineering pupils excel
- Credit: Archant
Two students at Elutec have achieved the engineering technical baccalaureate - equating to four A-levels - after receiving their sixth form results.
Sam Stallabrass gained D*D*D in his BTEC engineering qualification, an A for A-level maths and achieved a B grade for his extended project qualification (EPQ).
Rahmaan Bashir gained D*D*D in his BTEC engineering qualification, a C grade for A-level maths and an A for his EPQ.
Alongside an improved Ofsted grading in June 2019, the university technical college in Dagenham continues to progress with new leadership and management.
Head of faculty for engineering, Claire Bannister, is delighted with the sixth form results which show continued improvement in the outcomes of the engineering students.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "The improved engineering results from the newly introduced rigorous BTEC engineering qualification has enabled our students to progress onto excellent destinations including apprenticeships at Airbus, Costain, National Grid and high performing universities".
- 1 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 3 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 4 Mum plans 30-mile walk to Barking Station to raise money to help son take first steps
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 7 London boroughs with fastest and slowest wage growth revealed
- 8 Admissions open for new Barking school
- 9 Barking and Dagenham racks up most blue badge-related fines, study shows
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection