A-level results: Elutec engineering pupils excel
- Credit: Archant
Two students at Elutec have achieved the engineering technical baccalaureate - equating to four A-levels - after receiving their sixth form results.
Sam Stallabrass gained D*D*D in his BTEC engineering qualification, an A for A-level maths and achieved a B grade for his extended project qualification (EPQ).
Rahmaan Bashir gained D*D*D in his BTEC engineering qualification, a C grade for A-level maths and an A for his EPQ.
Alongside an improved Ofsted grading in June 2019, the university technical college in Dagenham continues to progress with new leadership and management.
Head of faculty for engineering, Claire Bannister, is delighted with the sixth form results which show continued improvement in the outcomes of the engineering students.
She said: "The improved engineering results from the newly introduced rigorous BTEC engineering qualification has enabled our students to progress onto excellent destinations including apprenticeships at Airbus, Costain, National Grid and high performing universities".
- 1 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 2 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 3 Travel disruptions to look out for this week across east London
- 4 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 5 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 8 Long-life food, foil and credit: Readers' tips for saving money this winter
- 9 Man facing 'lifelong consequences' of Barking traffic cone assault
- 10 Residents without Covid jab should be challenged, senior councillor says