A-level results: Elutec engineering pupils excel
- Credit: Archant
Two students at Elutec have achieved the engineering technical baccalaureate - equating to four A-levels - after receiving their sixth form results.
Sam Stallabrass gained D*D*D in his BTEC engineering qualification, an A for A-level maths and achieved a B grade for his extended project qualification (EPQ).
Rahmaan Bashir gained D*D*D in his BTEC engineering qualification, a C grade for A-level maths and an A for his EPQ.
Alongside an improved Ofsted grading in June 2019, the university technical college in Dagenham continues to progress with new leadership and management.
Head of faculty for engineering, Claire Bannister, is delighted with the sixth form results which show continued improvement in the outcomes of the engineering students.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "The improved engineering results from the newly introduced rigorous BTEC engineering qualification has enabled our students to progress onto excellent destinations including apprenticeships at Airbus, Costain, National Grid and high performing universities".
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 4 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 5 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Dagenham restaurant excited to celebrate return of diners 'safely together'
- 8 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 9 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 10 Barking and Dagenham Council backs campaign against 'cladding scandal'