England Roses netball team visit Barking school ahead of Malawi match
- Credit: Stuart Cohen
England Roses netball team went back to school in Barking ahead of their international series against Malawi.
Barking Abbey School hosted the squad’s final training session before the opening match at the Copper Box Arena on Friday.
Yesterday the team received an enthusiastic welcome from pupils at the Sandringham Road, Barking school, with youngsters thrilled to glimpse former student Kadeen Corbin and her teammates in action.
“This is always a good opportunity for the BA girls to watch elite athletes at work,” said a spokesman for the school.
The secondary school’s netball academy has produced its fair share of aspiring athletes in recent years, including two current members of the England under-19 team and one under-17 in the national academy.
You may also want to watch:
England are set to play three matches against Malawi as preparation for the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 3 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 7 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 8 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 9 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 10 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking