England Roses netball team visit Barking school ahead of Malawi match
- Credit: Stuart Cohen
England Roses netball team went back to school in Barking ahead of their international series against Malawi.
Barking Abbey School hosted the squad’s final training session before the opening match at the Copper Box Arena on Friday.
Yesterday the team received an enthusiastic welcome from pupils at the Sandringham Road, Barking school, with youngsters thrilled to glimpse former student Kadeen Corbin and her teammates in action.
“This is always a good opportunity for the BA girls to watch elite athletes at work,” said a spokesman for the school.
The secondary school’s netball academy has produced its fair share of aspiring athletes in recent years, including two current members of the England under-19 team and one under-17 in the national academy.
You may also want to watch:
England are set to play three matches against Malawi as preparation for the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 4 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 5 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 6 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 7 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 10 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment