England Roses netball team visit Barking school ahead of Malawi match
- Credit: Stuart Cohen
England Roses netball team went back to school in Barking ahead of their international series against Malawi.
Barking Abbey School hosted the squad’s final training session before the opening match at the Copper Box Arena on Friday.
Yesterday the team received an enthusiastic welcome from pupils at the Sandringham Road, Barking school, with youngsters thrilled to glimpse former student Kadeen Corbin and her teammates in action.
“This is always a good opportunity for the BA girls to watch elite athletes at work,” said a spokesman for the school.
The secondary school’s netball academy has produced its fair share of aspiring athletes in recent years, including two current members of the England under-19 team and one under-17 in the national academy.
England are set to play three matches against Malawi as preparation for the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
- 1 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 2 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 3 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 4 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 5 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
- 6 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 7 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 8 Ex-soldier launches business to help veterans 'regain their identity'
- 9 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 10 Percentage of unvaccinated hospital staff revealed as mandatory jab deadline looms