Faith groups celebrate diversity with community show in Barking
Faith groups will celebrate cultural diversity with a show highlighting the support they give their communities in the economic downturn.
The one-day exhibition will feature singing, international food as well as stalls about the projects they deliver like food banks, children’s clubs, mentoring and pregnancy support.
Members of the public are invited to meet exhibitors at the centre in Ripple Road, Barking, between 4.30pm and 7.30pm on November 22.
The exhibition is being staged as part of Interfaith Week.
Pupils will launch the awareness week with signing and dancing at Henry Green Primary in Green Lane, Dagenham, on Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
Faith forum chairman Paula Watson, 42, said: “Interfaith Week is about recognising the diversity in our community and promote cohesion.
“Many faith groups try to support the community in these tough times. We want to promote that.”
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 6 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 7 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 8 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 9 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 10 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
For more information, call the faith forum on 020 8594 2964.