Fête fun at sun-kissed Dagenham school party
- Credit: Archant
There were go-karts and inflatable slides galore at the annual William Bellamy Primary School summer fête on Saturday.
Pupils from Dare2Dance performed several numbers at the Dagenham school’s fair, including a Frozen track. Not be outdone, their mums also donned their dancing shoes to boogie along to Mark Ronson’s Uptown Funk.
Many of the pupils and staff had worked hard ahead of the fete to make food and gifts to sell.
There was music from an Elvis impersonator and a whole variety of tempting food on offer from Caribbean jerk chicken to spicy curries.
And headteacher Jo Preston, who is leaving the Frizlands Lane school at the end of the term, succumbed to an ice bucket challenge in return for donations to the school.
You may also want to watch:
“The fête seems to be growing in size and becoming better known every year,” assistant headteacher Esther Pocock said. “There were a lot of smiles on people’s faces and that’s what it’s all about.
“It was a lovely day for the community with so much going on on such a sunny day.”
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
Special guests included the mayor, Cllr Simon Bremner.