Fête fun at sun-kissed Dagenham school party
- Credit: Archant
There were go-karts and inflatable slides galore at the annual William Bellamy Primary School summer fête on Saturday.
Pupils from Dare2Dance performed several numbers at the Dagenham school’s fair, including a Frozen track. Not be outdone, their mums also donned their dancing shoes to boogie along to Mark Ronson’s Uptown Funk.
Many of the pupils and staff had worked hard ahead of the fete to make food and gifts to sell.
There was music from an Elvis impersonator and a whole variety of tempting food on offer from Caribbean jerk chicken to spicy curries.
And headteacher Jo Preston, who is leaving the Frizlands Lane school at the end of the term, succumbed to an ice bucket challenge in return for donations to the school.
“The fête seems to be growing in size and becoming better known every year,” assistant headteacher Esther Pocock said. “There were a lot of smiles on people’s faces and that’s what it’s all about.
“It was a lovely day for the community with so much going on on such a sunny day.”
- 1 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 2 Savvy driver saves ducks who had strayed onto the A13
- 3 Dagenham cat with misshapen eye struggles to find home
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 5 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 6 Homes under the Planner: Applications submitted or approved recently
- 7 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 8 Dagenham woman to face trial on numerous robbery charges
- 9 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 10 Boy, 5, dies after 'unexplained' incident off Heathway
Special guests included the mayor, Cllr Simon Bremner.