Back to school for West Ham players
- Credit: Griffiths Photographers
What’s the most exciting school assembly you’ve had?
For pupils at Gascoigne Primary School, the answer is likely to be when West Ham footballers Felipe Anderson and Angelo Ogbonna paid them a surprise visit.
The Hammers stars visited the school in Gascoigne Road, Barking, as part of the club’s Players’ Project, an initiative which sees members of the squad become ambassadors for an area of community work that they feel is personally important to them.
The pair presented goody bags to each year group’s winner of the Premier League Writing Stars programme, which asked pupils to write a poem on the theme of diversity.
And it was that theme which was discussed during the exciting assembly, with Anderson and Ogbonna both talking to the pupils about diversity and life in England - having grown up in Brazil and Italy respectively.
You may also want to watch:
There was even time for the pair to take a selfie with the pupils, much to the delight of the children and staff.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 7 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 8 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 9 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 10 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds