Former Barking College student exhibits at the Tate Modern
- Credit: Archant
A former art student at Barking and Dagenham College has been exhibiting his work at the Tate Modern.
Larry Achiampong’s steady rise to success has seen him take projects around the world including to Berlin, Amsterdam and Ghana.
He began his career studying art and design at Barking College in 2002 and went on to study mixed media art at the University of Westminster and then sculpture at the world-renowned Slade School of Fine Art.
Now 29, his latest exhibition was the culmination of the Tate’s schools workshop programme, for which Larry ran art sessions for young people.
His piece based on the experience, entitled ‘Cloud’ was exhibited in the Tate Modern in June along with a performance piece.
You may also want to watch:
Glenn Holman, Larry’s former tutor commented: “It’s fantastic to see how well a former student of the college has done. To exhibit somewhere as prestigious as the Tate Modern is a great honour and demonstrates the high calibre of Larry’s work. We send our congratulations to Larry on his success and look forward to seeing much more of his work in the future.”
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham