Former Barking College student exhibits at the Tate Modern
- Credit: Archant
A former art student at Barking and Dagenham College has been exhibiting his work at the Tate Modern.
Larry Achiampong’s steady rise to success has seen him take projects around the world including to Berlin, Amsterdam and Ghana.
He began his career studying art and design at Barking College in 2002 and went on to study mixed media art at the University of Westminster and then sculpture at the world-renowned Slade School of Fine Art.
Now 29, his latest exhibition was the culmination of the Tate’s schools workshop programme, for which Larry ran art sessions for young people.
His piece based on the experience, entitled ‘Cloud’ was exhibited in the Tate Modern in June along with a performance piece.
You may also want to watch:
Glenn Holman, Larry’s former tutor commented: “It’s fantastic to see how well a former student of the college has done. To exhibit somewhere as prestigious as the Tate Modern is a great honour and demonstrates the high calibre of Larry’s work. We send our congratulations to Larry on his success and look forward to seeing much more of his work in the future.”
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters