Free one day plumbling taster courses at new Dagenham training centre
A new vocational training centre in Dagenham is offering free one-day plumbing taster courses.
Choice Training, in Wantz Road, officially opened in September and offers plumbing and electrical City and Guilds courses.
They also plan to start courses in heating and ventilating,
On Thursday the centre held the first of a regular, free one-day introductory course in plumbing, which gives people a chance to learn some basic skills such as soldering, while learning more about the courses available.
Business development manager, Rob Tye, said: “The session is a great way of getting a taste of what the plumbing classes are like as well as an opportunity to ask us questions about the course and find out about funding possibilities if you are 19 or over.”
You may also want to watch:
Rob said the job market for qualified plumbers and electricians is particularly good.
“A plumber or electrician is very rarely out of a job, even now in this difficult climate,” he told the post.
- 1 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 4 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 5 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 8 Charity shops open, Covid rules, park toilets and child exploitation
- 9 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Barking FC set for big week in the Cup
Through a partnership with an external company the centre also helps find apprenticeships for students once they have their qualification.
For more information go to choicetrainingltd.co.uk or call 0203 651 6060.