Free one day plumbling taster courses at new Dagenham training centre
A new vocational training centre in Dagenham is offering free one-day plumbing taster courses.
Choice Training, in Wantz Road, officially opened in September and offers plumbing and electrical City and Guilds courses.
They also plan to start courses in heating and ventilating,
On Thursday the centre held the first of a regular, free one-day introductory course in plumbing, which gives people a chance to learn some basic skills such as soldering, while learning more about the courses available.
Business development manager, Rob Tye, said: “The session is a great way of getting a taste of what the plumbing classes are like as well as an opportunity to ask us questions about the course and find out about funding possibilities if you are 19 or over.”
Rob said the job market for qualified plumbers and electricians is particularly good.
“A plumber or electrician is very rarely out of a job, even now in this difficult climate,” he told the post.
- 1 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 2 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 3 Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- 4 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham man in court over Zara Aleena murder
- 6 Vigil to be held this Saturday for 'pure of heart' Zara Aleena
- 7 Census 2021 indicates baby boom in one east London borough
- 8 Latest data shows Covid admissions rising again at east London hospitals
- 9 Man charged after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 10 Man taken to hospital after fight reported on Heathway in Dagenham
Through a partnership with an external company the centre also helps find apprenticeships for students once they have their qualification.
For more information go to choicetrainingltd.co.uk or call 0203 651 6060.