Free one day plumbling taster courses at new Dagenham training centre
A new vocational training centre in Dagenham is offering free one-day plumbing taster courses.
Choice Training, in Wantz Road, officially opened in September and offers plumbing and electrical City and Guilds courses.
They also plan to start courses in heating and ventilating,
On Thursday the centre held the first of a regular, free one-day introductory course in plumbing, which gives people a chance to learn some basic skills such as soldering, while learning more about the courses available.
Business development manager, Rob Tye, said: “The session is a great way of getting a taste of what the plumbing classes are like as well as an opportunity to ask us questions about the course and find out about funding possibilities if you are 19 or over.”
You may also want to watch:
Rob said the job market for qualified plumbers and electricians is particularly good.
“A plumber or electrician is very rarely out of a job, even now in this difficult climate,” he told the post.
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 4 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 5 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 9 Humanist: 'Support bill to scrap archaic requirement for school worship'
- 10 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
Through a partnership with an external company the centre also helps find apprenticeships for students once they have their qualification.
For more information go to choicetrainingltd.co.uk or call 0203 651 6060.