Gallery: Christmas plays in Barking and Dagenham schools
Welcome to the first or our selction of pictures of Christmas plays from across Barking and Dagenham.
Pupils from across the borough �delighted friends and family with a host of festive performances.
At Grafton Junior School, in Grafton Road, �Dagenham, youngsters treated older people from the community to Christmas songs and music.
Head teacher Martin Nicholson said: “It was actually the �pupils’ idea to put on a performance for their grandparents and elderly friends and neighbours.”
Year two pupils at Manor Infants School, in �Sandringham Road, Dagenham, put on their last �nativity play before moving to the junior school.
You may also want to watch:
Administrator Karen Kelly said: “It was a lovely performance and they all looked great in their �costumes. Children and parents really enjoyed it.”
At St Teresa Primary School, in Bowes Road, �Dagenham, the nursery and reception class plus years one and two put on nativity plays.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
Headteacher Michael Corcoran said: “A fantastic number of parents and other family members came to watch the performances and were glowing with pride to see their young ones perform with such �enthusiasm and joy.”
* See next week’s POST for more pictures of your Christmas plays