Gallery: Christmas plays in Barking and Dagenham schools
Welcome to the first or our selction of pictures of Christmas plays from across Barking and Dagenham.
Pupils from across the borough �delighted friends and family with a host of festive performances.
At Grafton Junior School, in Grafton Road, �Dagenham, youngsters treated older people from the community to Christmas songs and music.
Head teacher Martin Nicholson said: “It was actually the �pupils’ idea to put on a performance for their grandparents and elderly friends and neighbours.”
Year two pupils at Manor Infants School, in �Sandringham Road, Dagenham, put on their last �nativity play before moving to the junior school.
You may also want to watch:
Administrator Karen Kelly said: “It was a lovely performance and they all looked great in their �costumes. Children and parents really enjoyed it.”
At St Teresa Primary School, in Bowes Road, �Dagenham, the nursery and reception class plus years one and two put on nativity plays.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 10 Former child refugee who founded Barking women's service up for award
Headteacher Michael Corcoran said: “A fantastic number of parents and other family members came to watch the performances and were glowing with pride to see their young ones perform with such �enthusiasm and joy.”
* See next week’s POST for more pictures of your Christmas plays