Gallery: Christmas plays in Barking and Dagenham schools
Welcome to the first or our selction of pictures of Christmas plays from across Barking and Dagenham.
Pupils from across the borough �delighted friends and family with a host of festive performances.
At Grafton Junior School, in Grafton Road, �Dagenham, youngsters treated older people from the community to Christmas songs and music.
Head teacher Martin Nicholson said: “It was actually the �pupils’ idea to put on a performance for their grandparents and elderly friends and neighbours.”
Year two pupils at Manor Infants School, in �Sandringham Road, Dagenham, put on their last �nativity play before moving to the junior school.
Administrator Karen Kelly said: “It was a lovely performance and they all looked great in their �costumes. Children and parents really enjoyed it.”
At St Teresa Primary School, in Bowes Road, �Dagenham, the nursery and reception class plus years one and two put on nativity plays.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 2 Council leader on the borough's future, CPZs and receiving death threats
- 3 Dagenham cat with misshapen eye struggles to find home
- 4 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 5 Dagenham woman to face trial on numerous robbery charges
- 6 Boy, 5, dies after 'unexplained' incident off Heathway
- 7 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 8 McMahon proud of excellent Dagenham & Redbridge win over Wrexham
- 9 Teenager charged with GBH after stabbing in Dagenham
- 10 Man pleads not guilty to unlicensed street trading in Dagenham
Headteacher Michael Corcoran said: “A fantastic number of parents and other family members came to watch the performances and were glowing with pride to see their young ones perform with such �enthusiasm and joy.”
* See next week’s POST for more pictures of your Christmas plays