GCSE results: Eastbrook
Students and staff at Eastbrook School in Dagenham overcame a traumatic period to achieve record results in GCSE.
A total of 47 per cent of pupils recorded five or more A*-C grades including maths and English.
Headteacher Valerie Dennis paid tribute to the teenagers who sat the exams shortly after pupil Thomas Stone tragically died in a road crash.
Mrs Dennis said: “For the fourth year running the results have risen and consistently improved.
“It was a strong year group and they and the staff have worked really well together.
You may also want to watch:
“It has been an emotional year because of the death of a popular student. The funeral was held on the same day at the maths GCSE exam.
“It was a great relief and joy to see the smiles on the faces of the students who worked their socks off.”
- 1 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 3 Barking and Dagenham gets ready to mark St George's Day
- 4 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 5 Barking & Dagenham girls on cloud nine after big opening win
- 6 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 7 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 8 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 9 Dagenham boss McMahon keen to build on back-to-back wins
- 10 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post