GCSE results: Eastbrook
Students and staff at Eastbrook School in Dagenham overcame a traumatic period to achieve record results in GCSE.
A total of 47 per cent of pupils recorded five or more A*-C grades including maths and English.
Headteacher Valerie Dennis paid tribute to the teenagers who sat the exams shortly after pupil Thomas Stone tragically died in a road crash.
Mrs Dennis said: “For the fourth year running the results have risen and consistently improved.
“It was a strong year group and they and the staff have worked really well together.
You may also want to watch:
“It has been an emotional year because of the death of a popular student. The funeral was held on the same day at the maths GCSE exam.
“It was a great relief and joy to see the smiles on the faces of the students who worked their socks off.”
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 4 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 5 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 6 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 7 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 8 Comedian: 'Jeff's in space and I'm stuck in traffic at Gallows Corner'
- 9 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race
- 10 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted