Graduation celebration for families finishing Barking school’s FAST programme
- Credit: Archant
Mums and dads joined their children for a special graduation ceremony.
The 19 families involved in the Families and School Together (FAST) programme at Barking’s Northbury Primary School celebrated finishing the nine-week project with tea, cake and mortar boards on Thursday.
The two groups have met weekly to share a meal together and carry out a range of activities, with the aim being to support their children’s education by strengthening relationships within families, between families and with the school.
FAST has also helped the youngsters become more independent by encouraging them to do more for themselves.
Hina Warraich, who co-ordinated the inaugural programme at the Northbury Close school, said it had been very rewarding for everyone involved.
You may also want to watch:
“I have even had children coming up to thank me which is so sweet,” she said.
The families involved are planning to continue to meet regularly.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 7 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 8 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012