Greatfields School pupils wow audience at Christmas Cracker talent show
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a new school on the Gascoigne estate wowed parents and teachers on Thursday at a cracker of a Christmas show.
A total of 42 pupils in Years 7 and 8 danced, sang and karate chopped their way through Greatfields School’s first-ever talent show.
“They honestly worked so hard and the standard of performances was excellent,” said head of performing arts Samantha White, 26, who organised the event.
“There’s a lot of talent in our school.”
More than 160 guests, including some governors, attended the jam-packed afternoon of entertainment in the Shaftesburys, Barking.
You may also want to watch:
They left with glowing reviews for the talented youngsters, who began rehearsals back in October.
One audience member called the event the highlight of the term, said Samantha.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 10 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
Greatfields, which opened last year, is temporarily cohabiting with Gascoigne Primary and will move into its own building in King Edward’s Road next year.