Greatfields School pupils wow audience at Christmas Cracker talent show
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a new school on the Gascoigne estate wowed parents and teachers on Thursday at a cracker of a Christmas show.
A total of 42 pupils in Years 7 and 8 danced, sang and karate chopped their way through Greatfields School’s first-ever talent show.
“They honestly worked so hard and the standard of performances was excellent,” said head of performing arts Samantha White, 26, who organised the event.
“There’s a lot of talent in our school.”
More than 160 guests, including some governors, attended the jam-packed afternoon of entertainment in the Shaftesburys, Barking.
You may also want to watch:
They left with glowing reviews for the talented youngsters, who began rehearsals back in October.
One audience member called the event the highlight of the term, said Samantha.
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 3 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Police chief denies 'systemic' errors
- 8 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 9 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
Greatfields, which opened last year, is temporarily cohabiting with Gascoigne Primary and will move into its own building in King Edward’s Road next year.