Hairdressing academy aims to be cut above
A new hairdressing academy was opened by celebrity hair stylist Patrick Cameron in Barking on Thursday.
The Headjogs Hair Academy & Salon will offer young students the opportunity to use industry-standard training facilities to master the art of hairdressing.
The salon is housed inside the �14million Technical Skills Academy in Short Blue Place, Barking, though Headjogs itself was first established nearly 30 years ago in Ilford.
Mr Cameron’s star turn was organised by the Wella Professionals team who sponsor the salon.
Once the ribbon was cut he set about demonstrating the art of dressing long hair in front of the Headjogs students.
You may also want to watch:
Jessica Wright, 18, who is studying for a level 3 hairdressing NVQ, said: “Having the opportunity to watch a professional like Patrick Cameron at work was really inspiring.”
Also at the opening was Hilary Moore, head of the Technical Skills Academy; Cathy Walsh, principal of Barking and Dagenham College, which runs the academy, as well as local salon owners, tutors and students.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 7 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters