Hairdressing academy aims to be cut above
A new hairdressing academy was opened by celebrity hair stylist Patrick Cameron in Barking on Thursday.
The Headjogs Hair Academy & Salon will offer young students the opportunity to use industry-standard training facilities to master the art of hairdressing.
The salon is housed inside the �14million Technical Skills Academy in Short Blue Place, Barking, though Headjogs itself was first established nearly 30 years ago in Ilford.
Mr Cameron’s star turn was organised by the Wella Professionals team who sponsor the salon.
Once the ribbon was cut he set about demonstrating the art of dressing long hair in front of the Headjogs students.
You may also want to watch:
Jessica Wright, 18, who is studying for a level 3 hairdressing NVQ, said: “Having the opportunity to watch a professional like Patrick Cameron at work was really inspiring.”
Also at the opening was Hilary Moore, head of the Technical Skills Academy; Cathy Walsh, principal of Barking and Dagenham College, which runs the academy, as well as local salon owners, tutors and students.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham