Hairdressing academy aims to be cut above
A new hairdressing academy was opened by celebrity hair stylist Patrick Cameron in Barking on Thursday.
The Headjogs Hair Academy & Salon will offer young students the opportunity to use industry-standard training facilities to master the art of hairdressing.
The salon is housed inside the �14million Technical Skills Academy in Short Blue Place, Barking, though Headjogs itself was first established nearly 30 years ago in Ilford.
Mr Cameron’s star turn was organised by the Wella Professionals team who sponsor the salon.
Once the ribbon was cut he set about demonstrating the art of dressing long hair in front of the Headjogs students.
You may also want to watch:
Jessica Wright, 18, who is studying for a level 3 hairdressing NVQ, said: “Having the opportunity to watch a professional like Patrick Cameron at work was really inspiring.”
Also at the opening was Hilary Moore, head of the Technical Skills Academy; Cathy Walsh, principal of Barking and Dagenham College, which runs the academy, as well as local salon owners, tutors and students.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 8 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 9 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 10 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils