GCSE results: Robert Clack head “exceptionally proud” as grades revealed
- Credit: Archant
The headteacher at Robert Clack secondary has said he is delighted with the hard work of everyone at the school as pupils’ GCSE results are revealed.
Russell Taylor said nine students have achieved straight 9 to 7 grades (the equivalent of A* to B) and 20 per cent achieved 9 to 5s in every subject.
He added that this was despite a government agenda to introduce "exceptionally challenging new curricula" and "high-stakes final examinations".
Overall, almost two-thirds of the pupils at the school achieved the national standard in English and maths.
"As always, I am exceptionally proud of our pupils and staff. Our shared values of mutual respect, compassion for others, discipline, hard work and high aspirations continue to sustain our cohesive community, and have ensured that our pupils in year 11 have fulfilled their potential this summer," said Mr Taylor.
"We look forward to welcoming them all back into our highly successful sixth form in September.
- 1 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 2 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 3 Family of woman who died after surgery in Turkey 'to pursue legal action' in search for truth
- 4 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham woman first UK patient to receive bionic eye implant
- 6 Community comes together in photo shoot for new film studio
- 7 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 8 Parents to appear in court next month over death of baby boy
- 9 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
- 10 McMahon 'really disappointed' to see Dagenham & Redbridge defeated by Stockport