GCSE results: Robert Clack head “exceptionally proud” as grades revealed
- Credit: Archant
The headteacher at Robert Clack secondary has said he is delighted with the hard work of everyone at the school as pupils’ GCSE results are revealed.
Russell Taylor said nine students have achieved straight 9 to 7 grades (the equivalent of A* to B) and 20 per cent achieved 9 to 5s in every subject.
He added that this was despite a government agenda to introduce "exceptionally challenging new curricula" and "high-stakes final examinations".
Overall, almost two-thirds of the pupils at the school achieved the national standard in English and maths.
"As always, I am exceptionally proud of our pupils and staff. Our shared values of mutual respect, compassion for others, discipline, hard work and high aspirations continue to sustain our cohesive community, and have ensured that our pupils in year 11 have fulfilled their potential this summer," said Mr Taylor.
You may also want to watch:
"We look forward to welcoming them all back into our highly successful sixth form in September.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 4 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 5 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 6 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Barking Riverside residents' frustration at new station delay
- 10 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead