GCSE results: Robert Clack head “exceptionally proud” as grades revealed
- Credit: Archant
The headteacher at Robert Clack secondary has said he is delighted with the hard work of everyone at the school as pupils’ GCSE results are revealed.
Russell Taylor said nine students have achieved straight 9 to 7 grades (the equivalent of A* to B) and 20 per cent achieved 9 to 5s in every subject.
He added that this was despite a government agenda to introduce "exceptionally challenging new curricula" and "high-stakes final examinations".
Overall, almost two-thirds of the pupils at the school achieved the national standard in English and maths.
"As always, I am exceptionally proud of our pupils and staff. Our shared values of mutual respect, compassion for others, discipline, hard work and high aspirations continue to sustain our cohesive community, and have ensured that our pupils in year 11 have fulfilled their potential this summer," said Mr Taylor.
You may also want to watch:
"We look forward to welcoming them all back into our highly successful sixth form in September.
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 4 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 5 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 6 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 7 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 8 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 9 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 10 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed