Hoardings adorned with designs of youngsters go up around new Dagenham youth centre
- Credit: OnSide Youth Zones
Hoardings adorned with the designs of Barking and Dagenham’s youngsters have gone up around the site of the new multi-million pound Parloes Park youth centre development.
The hoardings are based on three themes: pride in Barking and Dagenham, the future and activities you will be able to do at Youth Zone once it opens.
The youngsters worked with design company ZAK to produce the boards.
Designer Suriyaa Gnanapandithan, 15, said: “I believe ZAK has created amazing hoardings for Barking and Dagenham and with their help I believe the community will get a great understanding of the Barking and Dagenham Youth Zone.”
Council leader Darren Rodwell said: ““It has only been two months since we put the spade into the ground, but we can already see the huge progress that has been made.
You may also want to watch:
“The Youth Zone is going to transform a number of youngsters lives and will make such a big difference in the local area.”
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 3 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 4 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 5 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 6 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 7 Topping out milestone for Barking tower block development
- 8 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 9 'Always smiling' former mayoress turns 100
- 10 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London