Dagenham pupils step into the spotlight at Royal Ballet
- Credit: Dagenham Park Church of England School
Budding dancers headed west to enjoy a unique opportunity with the Royal Ballet School.
Pupils from Dagenham Park School, in School Road, put their best feet forward on the first day of rehearsals at White Lodge School in Richmond Park.
Twenty students from Year 10 are joining their counterparts at the prestigious dance school to create an original show inspired by all aspects of ballet.
Workshops and rehearsals will develop showcase pieces to be performed in Richmond on two dates next month.
Caroline Watkins, head of dance at Dagenham Park, said students were delighted to be involved.
You may also want to watch:
“The Royal Ballet School is world class and our children are realising their level of potential,” she said.
“Something magical happens. What comes out from the students is amazing.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 6 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 7 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 8 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 9 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
- 10 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
“They practise on stage together and you could see the difference.
“It’s very enriching and rewarding for them.”