Dagenham pupils step into the spotlight at Royal Ballet
- Credit: Dagenham Park Church of England School
Budding dancers headed west to enjoy a unique opportunity with the Royal Ballet School.
Pupils from Dagenham Park School, in School Road, put their best feet forward on the first day of rehearsals at White Lodge School in Richmond Park.
Twenty students from Year 10 are joining their counterparts at the prestigious dance school to create an original show inspired by all aspects of ballet.
Workshops and rehearsals will develop showcase pieces to be performed in Richmond on two dates next month.
Caroline Watkins, head of dance at Dagenham Park, said students were delighted to be involved.
You may also want to watch:
“The Royal Ballet School is world class and our children are realising their level of potential,” she said.
“Something magical happens. What comes out from the students is amazing.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 8 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Letter: Climate change and the floods
“They practise on stage together and you could see the difference.
“It’s very enriching and rewarding for them.”