Pupils scoop prizes in Barking and Dagenham logo competition
- Credit: Becontree Primary School
Pupils whose designs came out top in a logo competition have scooped film and games goodies.
A total of 241 youngsters from 11 schools across Barking and Dagenham entered designs.
The challenge was to come up with a couple of logos for the town hall's Cultural Education Partnership which links schools up with cultural organisations.
Martin Russell, culture and wellbeing lead for education, said: " It’s brilliant to see so many pupils engaged in the opportunity.”
The winning entry will be used by the Partnership from 2021. The winner and runners up also received London Graphic Centre gift cards courtesy of Film LBBD and storage firm CAMA.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Evelyn Carpenter, who helped judge, said: “I was extremely impressed by the efforts of all the young people that took part in this creative competition.The standard of entries was outstanding.
“The donation of prizes for our competition is a fantastic demonstration of how Film LBBD and their industry partners are already supporting education and schools in the borough.”
- 1 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 2 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 3 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 4 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 5 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 7 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 8 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 9 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 10 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced