Pupils scoop prizes in Barking and Dagenham logo competition
- Credit: Becontree Primary School
Pupils whose designs came out top in a logo competition have scooped film and games goodies.
A total of 241 youngsters from 11 schools across Barking and Dagenham entered designs.
The challenge was to come up with a couple of logos for the town hall's Cultural Education Partnership which links schools up with cultural organisations.
Martin Russell, culture and wellbeing lead for education, said: " It’s brilliant to see so many pupils engaged in the opportunity.”
The winning entry will be used by the Partnership from 2021. The winner and runners up also received London Graphic Centre gift cards courtesy of Film LBBD and storage firm CAMA.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Evelyn Carpenter, who helped judge, said: “I was extremely impressed by the efforts of all the young people that took part in this creative competition.The standard of entries was outstanding.
“The donation of prizes for our competition is a fantastic demonstration of how Film LBBD and their industry partners are already supporting education and schools in the borough.”
- 1 Tot with cancer enjoys 'brilliant' fun day outside home in Dagenham
- 2 Tributes to 'much-loved' volunteer with a passion for Dagenham history
- 3 London mayoral candidate 'fined' after digital campaign bus visits Dagenham
- 4 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 5 Jo Richardson pupils invited to 'hug a mug' in lockdown
- 6 Padnall Lake, teachers in pandemic, hearing loss and Covid insurance
- 7 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 8 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 9 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 10 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed