‘Inspirational’ Dagenham teacher honoured by Oxford University
- Credit: Archant
A sixth form teacher has been recognised as one of the country’s most inspiring after helping a student land a place at Oxford University.
John Course, 38, head of sixth form at Robert Clack School in Dagenham, was named as one of 10 inspirational teachers from across the UK by the university on Friday.
He was nominated by former student Fisayo Noibi, who is now studying French and Arabic at Somerville College, after he helped her pick out a course and overcome the difficult application process.
“He is more than deserving of this award because, if not for him, I would not be doing my current course, let alone in this university,” she said.
“Mr Course is such an inspiration.”
You may also want to watch:
The 38-year-old teacher at the Gosfield Road school was humbled by the recognition.
“I am deeply touched by what Fisayo wrote about me in her nomination,” he said.
- 1 Elderly woman dies after van collision in Dagenham
- 2 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 3 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 4 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 5 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 6 More than 150 attend official opening of 'fabulous' pocket park in Barking
- 7 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 8 Things to do in east London this weekend (August 7-8)
- 9 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 10 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
“When students say thank you it truly makes the job worthwhile.”