GCSE results 2021: Jo Richardson hails 'impressive' results
- Credit: JRCS
Jo Richardson Community School is celebrating a "really impressive" set of GCSE results, it reports.
The secondary in Gale Street, Dagenham, welcomed its results for opening up a range of pathways for students, many of whom it says will go on to join its sixth form.
Lisa Keane, who is head of school, said: "We are very proud of all our students’ achievements across the board.
"Students have showed real determination and resilience this year and should be very proud of their achievements.
"They were always a really positive and enthusiastic year group and we are delighted that they have so much to celebrate after all their hard work."
You may also want to watch:
Across the UK, normal exams were cancelled for the second year in a row due to the disruption students experienced during the pandemic. Instead teachers have arrived at final grades based on what pupils have been taught.
- 1 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
- 2 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 3 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 4 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 5 College students lend a hand to improve recreation ground
- 6 Students work with film crews on Amazon, Apple and Netflix productions
- 7 Barking social enterprise welcomes back community with 'open house'
- 8 Data reveals number of road incidents involving children in borough
- 9 Mo Sagaf provided balance to Dagenham's midfield in Weymouth win
- 10 Man hit with traffic cone in Barking fight remains in critical condition