GCSE results: Staff ‘delighted’ with grades at Jo Richardson
- Credit: Jo Richardson
Staff are “delighted” at Jo Richardson Community School after GCSE results were released August 22.
The secondary said it was one of the best results days seen at the school, with the percentage of students getting 4 to 9s increasing in English, maths and science.
Clare Morgan was on of the school's top achievers, netting seven grade 9s and two 8s.
Head of school Lisa Keane said: "We are very proud of all our students' achievements across the board.
"They were always a really positive and enthusiastic year group and we are delighted that they have so much to celebrate after all their hard work."
You may also want to watch:
The school said the results have opened up a range of pathways for the pupils, with many of them heading to Jo Richardson's sixth form in September.
This follows from the school's successes last week on A-level results day, which saw some students go on to Russell Group universities.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 9 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 10 Dagenham must continue to believe in themselves ahead of Southend clash