GCSE results: Staff ‘delighted’ with grades at Jo Richardson
- Credit: Jo Richardson
Staff are “delighted” at Jo Richardson Community School after GCSE results were released August 22.
The secondary said it was one of the best results days seen at the school, with the percentage of students getting 4 to 9s increasing in English, maths and science.
Clare Morgan was on of the school's top achievers, netting seven grade 9s and two 8s.
Head of school Lisa Keane said: "We are very proud of all our students' achievements across the board.
"They were always a really positive and enthusiastic year group and we are delighted that they have so much to celebrate after all their hard work."
You may also want to watch:
The school said the results have opened up a range of pathways for the pupils, with many of them heading to Jo Richardson's sixth form in September.
This follows from the school's successes last week on A-level results day, which saw some students go on to Russell Group universities.
- 1 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 2 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 4 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 7 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 10 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking