Marks Gate Junior School retains good Ofsted rating
- Credit: Google Maps
Marks Gate Junior School has continued to be rated good by Ofsted following its latest inspection.
The education watchdog found that the school, in Rose Lane, had aspirational staff and pupils, an improvement in attendance and positive attitudes towards learning.
The school received a good rating in three of the four assessment categories with the fourth - personal development, behaviour and welfare - being graded as outstanding.
Headteacher Jacqui Barnard said: “I am delighted with the recognition by Ofsted of the aspirations and determination to succeed demonstrated by our pupils.
“They described the children?s behaviour as outstanding which underpins their sharp focus in the classroom.”
You may also want to watch:
Recommendations for improvement in the report, released on Monday, included encouraging pupils to develop their interests and talents in subjects such as music, art and science, and taking opportunities to extend pupils’ learning.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 4 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 6 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 7 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire