Marks Gate Junior School retains good Ofsted rating
- Credit: Google Maps
Marks Gate Junior School has continued to be rated good by Ofsted following its latest inspection.
The education watchdog found that the school, in Rose Lane, had aspirational staff and pupils, an improvement in attendance and positive attitudes towards learning.
The school received a good rating in three of the four assessment categories with the fourth - personal development, behaviour and welfare - being graded as outstanding.
Headteacher Jacqui Barnard said: “I am delighted with the recognition by Ofsted of the aspirations and determination to succeed demonstrated by our pupils.
“They described the children?s behaviour as outstanding which underpins their sharp focus in the classroom.”
You may also want to watch:
Recommendations for improvement in the report, released on Monday, included encouraging pupils to develop their interests and talents in subjects such as music, art and science, and taking opportunities to extend pupils’ learning.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 6 East London police officer charged with rape
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Dog walker recalls finding victims in churchyard
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 10 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.