Last chance to apply for Barking and Dagenham secondary school places
- Credit: Gareth Fuller/PA Wire/PA Images
There are just a few days left for parents of Year 6 pupils to apply for a secondary school place.
Applications for children born between September 1, 2008 and August 31, 2009 need to be submitted by the closing date of Thursday, October 31.
Up to six schools can be listed, in order of preference, and places at oversubscribed schools will be allocated following a set list of criteria.
Late applications will not be considered until all on-time applicants have been allocated a place, meaning there is a high chance of not receiving a place at a preferred school if those schools are oversubscribed.
Offers will be sent out to all applicants on March 2, 2020.
You may also want to watch:
Last year, almost three quarters of Barking and Dagenham pupils (72.4pc) were offered a place at their first preference school.
For more information and to apply, visit lbbd.gov.uk/school-admissions
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 4 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 9 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London