Learning Disability Week events in Barking and Dagenham
A host of events to mark Learning Disability Week are planned, from a family sports day to a craft and food bazaar.
The council is running various activities between August 19 and 25 as part of the annual week, which is led by charity Mencap.
On August 21 a family sports day including a range of sports taster sessions, will be held at Jim Peters Stadium (formerly Mayesbrook Athletics Arena) from 11am to 4pm. Barking FC will be on hand to give football lessons and tips.
A bazaar is planned on August 22 between 11am and 2pm at the Maples day centre, in Gascoigne Road, Barking, featuring stalls selling home-made cakes, arts and crafts and pre-loved goods.
Mencap are hosting a community day for young people aged 13 to 25 on August 23 at the Loxford Centre in Ilford Lane. There will be a range of activities including art, drama, sport and DJ workshops from noon to 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
The week’s events will then come to a close with a free pool party in Becontree Heath Leisure Centre in Dagenham, between 7pm and 8pm on August 24. To book a place call calling 020 8227 2954 or 020 8227 2492.
For more information on all the events please visit www.lbbd.gov.uk/ldweek.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 5 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 College student selected as national finalist with pearly king photo series
- 8 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 9 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 10 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race