Learning Disability Week events in Barking and Dagenham
A host of events to mark Learning Disability Week are planned, from a family sports day to a craft and food bazaar.
The council is running various activities between August 19 and 25 as part of the annual week, which is led by charity Mencap.
On August 21 a family sports day including a range of sports taster sessions, will be held at Jim Peters Stadium (formerly Mayesbrook Athletics Arena) from 11am to 4pm. Barking FC will be on hand to give football lessons and tips.
A bazaar is planned on August 22 between 11am and 2pm at the Maples day centre, in Gascoigne Road, Barking, featuring stalls selling home-made cakes, arts and crafts and pre-loved goods.
Mencap are hosting a community day for young people aged 13 to 25 on August 23 at the Loxford Centre in Ilford Lane. There will be a range of activities including art, drama, sport and DJ workshops from noon to 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
The week’s events will then come to a close with a free pool party in Becontree Heath Leisure Centre in Dagenham, between 7pm and 8pm on August 24. To book a place call calling 020 8227 2954 or 020 8227 2492.
For more information on all the events please visit www.lbbd.gov.uk/ldweek.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 PICTURES: People enjoy new 'rule of six' at Barking and Dagenham parks
- 4 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 5 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 6 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 8 Column: Dagenham & Redbridge must strive for redemption
- 9 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 10 Hospital worker killed by ex-partner before he committed suicide, court hears