Lifetime achievement award for former Barking and Dagenham College principal
- Credit: Archant
The former principal of Barking and Dagenham College has received a lifetime achievement award.
Cathy Walsh OBE won the prestigious prize at the Times Education Supplement (TES) Further Education awards.
She was recognised for the fantastic turnaround of the Rush Green college under her leadership.
Cathy took the helm in September 2008 and is credited with transforming the curriculum and shifting its focus towards securing the best possible learning and employment outcomes for students and the wider community.
She retired as principal last year and is highly respected as a national champion of the skills agenda.
You may also want to watch:
Testimonials praised her “laser-like focus, passion, energy and enthusiasm” while the judging panel was particularly impressed by moving statements from staff, students and business leaders describing the transformative impact of her leadership.
Cathy dedicated the award to “the students and staff of our great FE colleges, particularly Barking and Dagenham College”.
- 1 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 2 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 5 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 6 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 7 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 8 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 9 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
The glittering black-tie event, hosted by comedian Shappi Khorsandi, was held at Grosvenor House Hotel in Park Lane.