Lifetime achievement award for former Barking and Dagenham College principal
- Credit: Archant
The former principal of Barking and Dagenham College has received a lifetime achievement award.
Cathy Walsh OBE won the prestigious prize at the Times Education Supplement (TES) Further Education awards.
She was recognised for the fantastic turnaround of the Rush Green college under her leadership.
Cathy took the helm in September 2008 and is credited with transforming the curriculum and shifting its focus towards securing the best possible learning and employment outcomes for students and the wider community.
She retired as principal last year and is highly respected as a national champion of the skills agenda.
You may also want to watch:
Testimonials praised her “laser-like focus, passion, energy and enthusiasm” while the judging panel was particularly impressed by moving statements from staff, students and business leaders describing the transformative impact of her leadership.
Cathy dedicated the award to “the students and staff of our great FE colleges, particularly Barking and Dagenham College”.
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 3 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Police chief denies 'systemic' errors
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 10 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
The glittering black-tie event, hosted by comedian Shappi Khorsandi, was held at Grosvenor House Hotel in Park Lane.