Lifetime achievement award for former Barking and Dagenham College principal
- Credit: Archant
The former principal of Barking and Dagenham College has received a lifetime achievement award.
Cathy Walsh OBE won the prestigious prize at the Times Education Supplement (TES) Further Education awards.
She was recognised for the fantastic turnaround of the Rush Green college under her leadership.
Cathy took the helm in September 2008 and is credited with transforming the curriculum and shifting its focus towards securing the best possible learning and employment outcomes for students and the wider community.
She retired as principal last year and is highly respected as a national champion of the skills agenda.
Testimonials praised her “laser-like focus, passion, energy and enthusiasm” while the judging panel was particularly impressed by moving statements from staff, students and business leaders describing the transformative impact of her leadership.
Cathy dedicated the award to “the students and staff of our great FE colleges, particularly Barking and Dagenham College”.
- 1 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 2 Two arrested after man 'seriously assaulted' in row over parking
- 3 Dispersal order authorised near Barking Park due to antisocial behaviour
- 4 Company fined in court over builder's skips in Dagenham and Chadwell Heath
- 5 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Boy, 5, dies after 'unexplained' incident off Heathway
- 7 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 8 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 9 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 10 Abba Voyage: A spectacular trip into an enchanted world
The glittering black-tie event, hosted by comedian Shappi Khorsandi, was held at Grosvenor House Hotel in Park Lane.