Lifetime achievement award for former Barking and Dagenham College principal
- Credit: Archant
The former principal of Barking and Dagenham College has received a lifetime achievement award.
Cathy Walsh OBE won the prestigious prize at the Times Education Supplement (TES) Further Education awards.
She was recognised for the fantastic turnaround of the Rush Green college under her leadership.
Cathy took the helm in September 2008 and is credited with transforming the curriculum and shifting its focus towards securing the best possible learning and employment outcomes for students and the wider community.
She retired as principal last year and is highly respected as a national champion of the skills agenda.
You may also want to watch:
Testimonials praised her “laser-like focus, passion, energy and enthusiasm” while the judging panel was particularly impressed by moving statements from staff, students and business leaders describing the transformative impact of her leadership.
Cathy dedicated the award to “the students and staff of our great FE colleges, particularly Barking and Dagenham College”.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 6 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 7 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 10 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets
The glittering black-tie event, hosted by comedian Shappi Khorsandi, was held at Grosvenor House Hotel in Park Lane.