Maths marvels put brain power on display at Barking and Dagenham schools challenge
- Credit: Archant
Number-crunching maths marvels took on brain-teasing puzzles in a competition between 30 primary schools.
The Annual Primary Maths Challenge saw 90 children from schools across Barking and Dagenham compete in a test of their mathematical skills at Ripple Primary School, Barking.
Winners from Roding Primary, Southwood Primary and James Cambell schools claimed the top prizes in the competition, which is now in its 15th year.
The challenge, on Thursday, July 4, consisted of a number of Key Stage 2 maths problems that teams from each school had to solve, with the team with the top score becoming the winners.
Assistant headteacher Darren Holloway, said: “We were over the moon about winning. The pupils were elated. One of them described it as the best day of his life and the others were jumping up and down with excitement.”
You may also want to watch:
First prize went to Neha Sanakal, Shah Siddique and Joshua Wood, second prize went to Alperen Oktay, Agnes Orimaye and Daniel Famakin while Roshan Thomas, Esha Kamran and Deon John were the third-prize winners. The prizes included a trophy as well as calculators and geometry sets.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 10 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside