Michelin-starred surprise for Dagenham school cook
- Credit: Archant
A Dagenham primary school chef was left with (Michelin) stars in her eyes after being invited to cook at one of the country’s top kitchens.
Lisa Morris, a cook at Manor Longbridge Primary School, visited Mayfair restaurant The Westbury on November 15, as part of National School Meals Week’s Host a School Chef event.
The scheme lets school cooks spend a day in the world of fine dining, alongside some famous names in the culinary world.
“I personally picked up several different recipes that I am going to recreate in the near future,” Lisa said.
“It was a wonderful and educational experience, and one I will not forget in a hurry.”
You may also want to watch:
Barking and Dagenham Catering Services chose Lisa to work with Michelin-starred chef Alyn Williams at his Mayfair restaurant.
Former Barking resident Alyn will also visit the Scholars Way, Dagenham school early next year to cook for pupils and speak about his life as a chef.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 6 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Barking Riverside residents' frustration at new station delay