Michelin-starred surprise for Dagenham school cook
- Credit: Archant
A Dagenham primary school chef was left with (Michelin) stars in her eyes after being invited to cook at one of the country’s top kitchens.
Lisa Morris, a cook at Manor Longbridge Primary School, visited Mayfair restaurant The Westbury on November 15, as part of National School Meals Week’s Host a School Chef event.
The scheme lets school cooks spend a day in the world of fine dining, alongside some famous names in the culinary world.
“I personally picked up several different recipes that I am going to recreate in the near future,” Lisa said.
“It was a wonderful and educational experience, and one I will not forget in a hurry.”
You may also want to watch:
Barking and Dagenham Catering Services chose Lisa to work with Michelin-starred chef Alyn Williams at his Mayfair restaurant.
Former Barking resident Alyn will also visit the Scholars Way, Dagenham school early next year to cook for pupils and speak about his life as a chef.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 5 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 6 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing
- 7 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 8 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 9 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 10 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week