Michelin-starred surprise for Dagenham school cook
- Credit: Archant
A Dagenham primary school chef was left with (Michelin) stars in her eyes after being invited to cook at one of the country’s top kitchens.
Lisa Morris, a cook at Manor Longbridge Primary School, visited Mayfair restaurant The Westbury on November 15, as part of National School Meals Week’s Host a School Chef event.
The scheme lets school cooks spend a day in the world of fine dining, alongside some famous names in the culinary world.
“I personally picked up several different recipes that I am going to recreate in the near future,” Lisa said.
“It was a wonderful and educational experience, and one I will not forget in a hurry.”
You may also want to watch:
Barking and Dagenham Catering Services chose Lisa to work with Michelin-starred chef Alyn Williams at his Mayfair restaurant.
Former Barking resident Alyn will also visit the Scholars Way, Dagenham school early next year to cook for pupils and speak about his life as a chef.
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 4 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 5 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 6 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 7 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 8 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 9 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 10 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed