Admissions open for new Barking school
- Credit: Frobel Learning
Admissions are open for a new, independent school in Barking which is set to welcome its first pupils in September.
Frobel Independent School in Longbridge Road will offer classes for 11- to 16-year-olds and is hosting an open day on August 12 between 10am and 2pm.
Ofsted inspectors visited the school as part of the pre-registration process in May and found it is "likely" to meet all independent school standards when it opens.
Learning director at Frobel, Abdul Khan, told the Post that the result of the Ofsted inspection gave him "a great sense of achievement".
He said: "It has taken a lot of hard work and dedication to get to this point.
You may also want to watch:
"I spent many years dreaming of this and, when we finally got approval, I felt overwhelmed with excitement and the opportunity of helping our children gain the best education possible."
- 1 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 3 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 4 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 5 Dagenham boss McMahon 'can't wait' for test against big spenders Wrexham
- 6 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 7 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 8 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 9 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 10 Dagenham suffer first defeat away to Wrexham