Admissions open for new Barking school
- Credit: Frobel Learning
Admissions are open for a new, independent school in Barking which is set to welcome its first pupils in September.
Frobel Independent School in Longbridge Road will offer classes for 11- to 16-year-olds and is hosting an open day on August 12 between 10am and 2pm.
Ofsted inspectors visited the school as part of the pre-registration process in May and found it is "likely" to meet all independent school standards when it opens.
Learning director at Frobel, Abdul Khan, told the Post that the result of the Ofsted inspection gave him "a great sense of achievement".
He said: "It has taken a lot of hard work and dedication to get to this point.
You may also want to watch:
"I spent many years dreaming of this and, when we finally got approval, I felt overwhelmed with excitement and the opportunity of helping our children gain the best education possible."
- 1 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 2 Town hall agrees to buy 62 homes in Barking development
- 3 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Admissions open for new Barking school
- 5 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 7 Barking and Dagenham racks up most blue badge-related fines, study shows
- 8 Get a Covid-19 jab for a chance to win a signed West Ham United shirt
- 9 Eastbrookend Country Park added to TfL map of cultural highlights
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Men from Dagenham and Plaistow wanted in connection