New nursery opens on Barking Riverside
- Credit: LBBD
Residents in Barking Riverside will benefit from a new nursery which will cater for 53 children aged from 0 to five years.
The Riverside nursery was built by Barking and Dagenham Council in partnership with Partnership Learning and was opened on September 26.
The member for educational and school improvement, Councillor Evelyn Carpenter officially opened the new nursery.
She said: ““As a council we want to make sure that we give all our children the best start in life by providing the best childcare facilities for them to learn and grow.
“The new nursery is fantastic and I am sure all the children who come here will have a brilliant time.”
You may also want to watch:
The nursery will host a number of different sessions, ranging from full-time places to shorter sessions for funded two, three and four-year-olds.
The nursery was built using a grant from the Department for Education and will be managed by The London Early Years Foundation on behalf of the council.
- 1 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 2 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 3 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 4 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 5 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 6 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 7 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 8 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 9 'Woke rubbish': Losing candidate on stir over 'unspellable' names comment
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation