New nursery opens on Barking Riverside
- Credit: LBBD
Residents in Barking Riverside will benefit from a new nursery which will cater for 53 children aged from 0 to five years.
The Riverside nursery was built by Barking and Dagenham Council in partnership with Partnership Learning and was opened on September 26.
The member for educational and school improvement, Councillor Evelyn Carpenter officially opened the new nursery.
She said: ““As a council we want to make sure that we give all our children the best start in life by providing the best childcare facilities for them to learn and grow.
“The new nursery is fantastic and I am sure all the children who come here will have a brilliant time.”
You may also want to watch:
The nursery will host a number of different sessions, ranging from full-time places to shorter sessions for funded two, three and four-year-olds.
The nursery was built using a grant from the Department for Education and will be managed by The London Early Years Foundation on behalf of the council.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 7 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 8 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 9 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 10 Barking Riverside residents' frustration at new station delay