New nursery opens on Barking Riverside
- Credit: LBBD
Residents in Barking Riverside will benefit from a new nursery which will cater for 53 children aged from 0 to five years.
The Riverside nursery was built by Barking and Dagenham Council in partnership with Partnership Learning and was opened on September 26.
The member for educational and school improvement, Councillor Evelyn Carpenter officially opened the new nursery.
She said: ““As a council we want to make sure that we give all our children the best start in life by providing the best childcare facilities for them to learn and grow.
“The new nursery is fantastic and I am sure all the children who come here will have a brilliant time.”
The nursery will host a number of different sessions, ranging from full-time places to shorter sessions for funded two, three and four-year-olds.
The nursery was built using a grant from the Department for Education and will be managed by The London Early Years Foundation on behalf of the council.
- 1 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 2 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election
- 3 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 4 Barking was Britain's ninth most used station in 2020/21, figures show
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 6 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 7 'I am really humbled': New Bishop of Barking appointed
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough