New secondary school planned for Barking
- Credit: Archant
A new secondary school is expected to open in the Gascoigne area of Barking in September.
Known as Greatfields School, it will be managed by the Learning Partnership.
The Partnership are also responsible for running Sydney Russell School in Parsloes Avenue, Dagenham, and Riverside Secondary School in Renwick Road, Barking.
With increased demand for school places, the council states that the new school will help it fulfill their promise of a place for every child.
Cllr Evelyn Carpenter, cabinet Member for Education and Schools, said: “We are committed to working closely with our family of schools to provide a school place for all of our young people in a good or outstanding school.
You may also want to watch:
“With wise planning, we shall increase the number of available school places in line with the increasing demand to ensure that children are well-educated and realise their highest aspirations.”
An open evening for interested parents will be held at Gascoigne Primary School in Gascoigne Road, Barking, tomorrow (Weds) from 6pm to 8pm.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 5 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 6 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 7 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Pedestrian crossing improvements after campaign by Dagenham pupils
For more information, visit greatfieldsschool.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit lbbd.gov.uk/greatfields from March 2 for details on how you can register your interest for a place at the school.