New secondary school planned for Barking
- Credit: Archant
A new secondary school is expected to open in the Gascoigne area of Barking in September.
Known as Greatfields School, it will be managed by the Learning Partnership.
The Partnership are also responsible for running Sydney Russell School in Parsloes Avenue, Dagenham, and Riverside Secondary School in Renwick Road, Barking.
With increased demand for school places, the council states that the new school will help it fulfill their promise of a place for every child.
Cllr Evelyn Carpenter, cabinet Member for Education and Schools, said: “We are committed to working closely with our family of schools to provide a school place for all of our young people in a good or outstanding school.
You may also want to watch:
“With wise planning, we shall increase the number of available school places in line with the increasing demand to ensure that children are well-educated and realise their highest aspirations.”
An open evening for interested parents will be held at Gascoigne Primary School in Gascoigne Road, Barking, tomorrow (Weds) from 6pm to 8pm.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 5 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 College student selected as national finalist with pearly king photo series
- 8 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 9 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 10 Dagenham 88 Runners returned to parkrun action and tackled ELVIS race
For more information, visit greatfieldsschool.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit lbbd.gov.uk/greatfields from March 2 for details on how you can register your interest for a place at the school.