New secondary school planned for Barking
- Credit: Archant
A new secondary school is expected to open in the Gascoigne area of Barking in September.
Known as Greatfields School, it will be managed by the Learning Partnership.
The Partnership are also responsible for running Sydney Russell School in Parsloes Avenue, Dagenham, and Riverside Secondary School in Renwick Road, Barking.
With increased demand for school places, the council states that the new school will help it fulfill their promise of a place for every child.
Cllr Evelyn Carpenter, cabinet Member for Education and Schools, said: “We are committed to working closely with our family of schools to provide a school place for all of our young people in a good or outstanding school.
“With wise planning, we shall increase the number of available school places in line with the increasing demand to ensure that children are well-educated and realise their highest aspirations.”
An open evening for interested parents will be held at Gascoigne Primary School in Gascoigne Road, Barking, tomorrow (Weds) from 6pm to 8pm.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after fight reported on Heathway in Dagenham
- 2 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 3 Man charged after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 4 Man in critical condition after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 5 Footballer convicted of hate crime after homophobic abuse of opponent
- 6 Woman taken to hospital after Dagenham Heathway station incident
- 7 One man injured after A13 crash involving car, van and lorry
- 8 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
- 9 Woman hospitalised after Dagenham garden bonfire gets out of control
- 10 David Adegbite murder: £20,000 reward offered over Barking carpark shooting
For more information, visit greatfieldsschool.com or email email@example.com
Visit lbbd.gov.uk/greatfields from March 2 for details on how you can register your interest for a place at the school.