Newham student quizzes Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales
- Credit: Archant
Wikipedia boss Jimmy Wales gave students the chance to quiz him on running the world’s largest collaborative website last week.
Nikin Kamothi, 20, from Newham, was one of three Barking and Dagenham College students invited to interview the Internet entrepreneur.
For 20 minutes they had free rein to get the lowdown on everything from what the word ‘wiki’ means to how the company makes money.
The students also put their own business ideas past the entrepreneur to see what he reckoned of them.
Adnan Mahmood, entrepreneurial coordinator at the college, said the students were “incredible”.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Their energy, enthusiasm and willingness to seek out and exploit every opportunity is to be commended.
“They had the opportunity to learn from the best in business, rub shoulders with leading entrepreneurs and develop their networking skills.”
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 5 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 East London police officer charged with rape
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Dog walker recalls finding victims in churchyard
- 8 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 9 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 10 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
Students also heard from from Betfair co-founder Ed Wray at the Q&A session on June 27.