Newham student quizzes Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales
- Credit: Archant
Wikipedia boss Jimmy Wales gave students the chance to quiz him on running the world’s largest collaborative website last week.
Nikin Kamothi, 20, from Newham, was one of three Barking and Dagenham College students invited to interview the Internet entrepreneur.
For 20 minutes they had free rein to get the lowdown on everything from what the word ‘wiki’ means to how the company makes money.
The students also put their own business ideas past the entrepreneur to see what he reckoned of them.
Adnan Mahmood, entrepreneurial coordinator at the college, said the students were “incredible”.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Their energy, enthusiasm and willingness to seek out and exploit every opportunity is to be commended.
“They had the opportunity to learn from the best in business, rub shoulders with leading entrepreneurs and develop their networking skills.”
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 7 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 8 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 9 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 10 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
Students also heard from from Betfair co-founder Ed Wray at the Q&A session on June 27.