Newham student quizzes Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales
- Credit: Archant
Wikipedia boss Jimmy Wales gave students the chance to quiz him on running the world’s largest collaborative website last week.
Nikin Kamothi, 20, from Newham, was one of three Barking and Dagenham College students invited to interview the Internet entrepreneur.
For 20 minutes they had free rein to get the lowdown on everything from what the word ‘wiki’ means to how the company makes money.
The students also put their own business ideas past the entrepreneur to see what he reckoned of them.
Adnan Mahmood, entrepreneurial coordinator at the college, said the students were “incredible”.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Their energy, enthusiasm and willingness to seek out and exploit every opportunity is to be commended.
“They had the opportunity to learn from the best in business, rub shoulders with leading entrepreneurs and develop their networking skills.”
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 10 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
Students also heard from from Betfair co-founder Ed Wray at the Q&A session on June 27.