Barking nursery pupils donate to Dagenham food bank
- Credit: Ellie Hoskins
A group of kind-hearted nursery pupils have visited a food bank to donate goods.
The youngsters from Barney Bears Nursery in Barking handed over a selection of items to the food bank at Dagenham's Bethel Christian Centre.
Daniel Martin, who helps to run the food bank, explained: "They gave us food, and we gave them a certificate to say thankyou.
"We showed them around the food bank and explained it to the children in a way they could understand."
The food bank has been run from the Bennetts Castle Lane centre for four years and can help as many as 60 people or families a month.
You may also want to watch:
"We're usually busier in the winter months as people have to decide between food or heating," Daniel said.
"We also get a rise in the summer holidays as children who would usually get free school meals are off school."
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
For more information about either donating to or using the food bank, call 020 8595 8211 or email email@example.com