Barking nursery pupils donate to Dagenham food bank
- Credit: Ellie Hoskins
A group of kind-hearted nursery pupils have visited a food bank to donate goods.
The youngsters from Barney Bears Nursery in Barking handed over a selection of items to the food bank at Dagenham's Bethel Christian Centre.
Daniel Martin, who helps to run the food bank, explained: "They gave us food, and we gave them a certificate to say thankyou.
"We showed them around the food bank and explained it to the children in a way they could understand."
The food bank has been run from the Bennetts Castle Lane centre for four years and can help as many as 60 people or families a month.
You may also want to watch:
"We're usually busier in the winter months as people have to decide between food or heating," Daniel said.
"We also get a rise in the summer holidays as children who would usually get free school meals are off school."
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 6 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 7 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Barking and Dagenham goes two weeks without Covid-19 deaths
- 9 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
For more information about either donating to or using the food bank, call 020 8595 8211 or email email@example.com