Barking nursery pupils donate to Dagenham food bank
- Credit: Ellie Hoskins
A group of kind-hearted nursery pupils have visited a food bank to donate goods.
The youngsters from Barney Bears Nursery in Barking handed over a selection of items to the food bank at Dagenham's Bethel Christian Centre.
Daniel Martin, who helps to run the food bank, explained: "They gave us food, and we gave them a certificate to say thankyou.
"We showed them around the food bank and explained it to the children in a way they could understand."
The food bank has been run from the Bennetts Castle Lane centre for four years and can help as many as 60 people or families a month.
"We're usually busier in the winter months as people have to decide between food or heating," Daniel said.
"We also get a rise in the summer holidays as children who would usually get free school meals are off school."
- 1 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 2 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 4 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 5 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 6 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 7 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 8 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
- 9 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 10 Barking and Dagenham set for 250 new electric vehicle charging points
For more information about either donating to or using the food bank, call 020 8595 8211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org