Barking nursery pupils donate to Dagenham food bank
- Credit: Ellie Hoskins
A group of kind-hearted nursery pupils have visited a food bank to donate goods.
The youngsters from Barney Bears Nursery in Barking handed over a selection of items to the food bank at Dagenham's Bethel Christian Centre.
Daniel Martin, who helps to run the food bank, explained: "They gave us food, and we gave them a certificate to say thankyou.
"We showed them around the food bank and explained it to the children in a way they could understand."
The food bank has been run from the Bennetts Castle Lane centre for four years and can help as many as 60 people or families a month.
"We're usually busier in the winter months as people have to decide between food or heating," Daniel said.
"We also get a rise in the summer holidays as children who would usually get free school meals are off school."
- 1 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 2 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 3 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 4 More than 300 homes finished at Beam Park as council leader visits
- 5 Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- 6 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 7 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 8 Man taken to hospital after fight reported on Heathway in Dagenham
- 9 Rainham and Dagenham MP calls for delay to ULEZ expansion
- 10 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
For more information about either donating to or using the food bank, call 020 8595 8211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org