Ofsted praises Barking and Dagenham College and awards overall ‘good’ grade
Praise for an “aspirational and safe environment” for students has been heaped on a college by a group of inspectors.
Barking and Dagenham College was commended in a recently released Ofsted report which also highlighted its outstanding student support and its excellence in innovation and entrepreneurship.
The results of the Ofsted report awarded the College with an overall “good” grade and heaped praise on its well-equipped classrooms as well as students’ development of exceptional personal, social and employability skills.
Ms Walsh said: “We strive to deliver results for all our customers by offering students high-quality learning facilities and the teaching expertise so that they leave us with the skills and qualifications needed to go on to their chosen career path or into higher education.
“We work closely with employers so that students can experience work placements and real work projects, ensuring they really do understand what the business environment is like and what is expected of them as an employee.”
You may also want to watch:
She added the college currently sees a rate of just under nine out of 10 students progress to higher education, apprenticeships and employment.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 PICTURES: People enjoy new 'rule of six' at Barking and Dagenham parks
- 4 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 5 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 6 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 8 Column: Dagenham & Redbridge must strive for redemption
- 9 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 10 Hospital worker killed by ex-partner before he committed suicide, court hears