Ofsted praises Barking and Dagenham College and awards overall ‘good’ grade
Praise for an “aspirational and safe environment” for students has been heaped on a college by a group of inspectors.
Barking and Dagenham College was commended in a recently released Ofsted report which also highlighted its outstanding student support and its excellence in innovation and entrepreneurship.
The results of the Ofsted report awarded the College with an overall “good” grade and heaped praise on its well-equipped classrooms as well as students’ development of exceptional personal, social and employability skills.
Ms Walsh said: “We strive to deliver results for all our customers by offering students high-quality learning facilities and the teaching expertise so that they leave us with the skills and qualifications needed to go on to their chosen career path or into higher education.
“We work closely with employers so that students can experience work placements and real work projects, ensuring they really do understand what the business environment is like and what is expected of them as an employee.”
You may also want to watch:
She added the college currently sees a rate of just under nine out of 10 students progress to higher education, apprenticeships and employment.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 6 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 7 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites