Olympic star Rebecca Adlington makes splash at Barking school
- Credit: Everyone Active
A Barking schoolgirl has made a splash with her friends by winning a swimming lesson with double Olympic gold medallist Rebecca Adlington.
The sports superstar presented Northbury Primary School pupil Ayishah Ahmed with her winning swim cap design at assembly on Tuesday.
The 10-year-old was one of scores of schoolkids across the country who entered the competition, part of Swim England’s national Big School Swim campaign.
As a reward for her creativity, Ayishah and her classmates received a lesson delivered by the Olympian at Abbey Leisure Centre.
“We received so many exceptional entries to the competition, but Ayishah’s really stood out,” Rebecca said.
You may also want to watch:
“It was so much fun to join her and the other children from Northbury.”
Paramjit Roopra, headteacher at the school in Northbury Close, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for our pupils to meet such a decorated and inspirational British Olympian.”
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 10 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside