Olympic star Rebecca Adlington makes splash at Barking school
- Credit: Everyone Active
A Barking schoolgirl has made a splash with her friends by winning a swimming lesson with double Olympic gold medallist Rebecca Adlington.
The sports superstar presented Northbury Primary School pupil Ayishah Ahmed with her winning swim cap design at assembly on Tuesday.
The 10-year-old was one of scores of schoolkids across the country who entered the competition, part of Swim England’s national Big School Swim campaign.
As a reward for her creativity, Ayishah and her classmates received a lesson delivered by the Olympian at Abbey Leisure Centre.
“We received so many exceptional entries to the competition, but Ayishah’s really stood out,” Rebecca said.
You may also want to watch:
“It was so much fun to join her and the other children from Northbury.”
Paramjit Roopra, headteacher at the school in Northbury Close, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for our pupils to meet such a decorated and inspirational British Olympian.”
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 6 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 9 Dagenham held to a draw at Stockport as they continue unbeaten run
- 10 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings