Parents countdown to last dash to secure primary school places
PARENTS of children starting primary school next September need to apply for a place before January 15.
All parents have to apply, even if they have an older child at primary school or their child attends a nursery class in the same school.
This is the first year that primary school applications have to be made through the London-wide admissions system previously only used for secondary schools.
Parents can list up to six schools in order of preference and will be sent the outcome of their application on April 4 2011.
Chris Kiernan, chair of the Pan London Admissions Board, said: “Coordinating primary school admissions across London will mean a fairer distribution of available offers and result in more parents being offered one of their preferred schools.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year the council had to find temporary classroom space for 240 local primary school pupils due to a shortage of school spaces in the borough.
To apply visit www.eadmissions.org.uk or, if you are having problems, call 020 8255 5555, and select Option 4.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 6 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 7 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites