Parents countdown to last dash to secure primary school places
PARENTS of children starting primary school next September need to apply for a place before January 15.
All parents have to apply, even if they have an older child at primary school or their child attends a nursery class in the same school.
This is the first year that primary school applications have to be made through the London-wide admissions system previously only used for secondary schools.
Parents can list up to six schools in order of preference and will be sent the outcome of their application on April 4 2011.
Chris Kiernan, chair of the Pan London Admissions Board, said: “Coordinating primary school admissions across London will mean a fairer distribution of available offers and result in more parents being offered one of their preferred schools.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year the council had to find temporary classroom space for 240 local primary school pupils due to a shortage of school spaces in the borough.
To apply visit www.eadmissions.org.uk or, if you are having problems, call 020 8255 5555, and select Option 4.
- 1 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 6 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 7 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend