Parents countdown to last dash to secure primary school places
PARENTS of children starting primary school next September need to apply for a place before January 15.
All parents have to apply, even if they have an older child at primary school or their child attends a nursery class in the same school.
This is the first year that primary school applications have to be made through the London-wide admissions system previously only used for secondary schools.
Parents can list up to six schools in order of preference and will be sent the outcome of their application on April 4 2011.
Chris Kiernan, chair of the Pan London Admissions Board, said: “Coordinating primary school admissions across London will mean a fairer distribution of available offers and result in more parents being offered one of their preferred schools.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year the council had to find temporary classroom space for 240 local primary school pupils due to a shortage of school spaces in the borough.
To apply visit www.eadmissions.org.uk or, if you are having problems, call 020 8255 5555, and select Option 4.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 PICTURES: People enjoy new 'rule of six' at Barking and Dagenham parks
- 4 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 5 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 6 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Column: Dagenham & Redbridge must strive for redemption
- 8 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 9 Hospital worker killed by ex-partner before he committed suicide, court hears
- 10 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown