Photo gallery: Barking and Dagenham schools celebrate World Book Day
Whether you love Harry Potter or Snow White – they were all celebrated on World Book Day.
Children across the borough dressed up as their favourite characters for the annual event, which celebrates reading.
Among popular characters from books, including the Gruffalo and Winnie the Pooh, there were also characters from films, and even a celebrity or two.
On Thursday, children at St Joseph’s primary school, The Broadway, Barking,held a parade, with one youngster dressed as Michael Jackson.
Wally could be found at schools across the borough, including Valence primary, Bonham Road, Dagenham.
You may also want to watch:
Also spotted at the school were a couple of Harry Potters, as well as Irene Drew’s son Finlay, 10, of Bonham Road, dressed as Charlie Bucket from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
At Parsloes Primary School, Spurling Road, Dagenham, pupils read their favourite books in the library.
- 1 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 2 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 3 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 4 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 7 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 8 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 9 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 10 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
Captain Jack Sparrow, Wall-E and Woody from Toy Story were spotted at Becontree Primary School, Stevens Road, Dagenham.
At Manor Infants School, Longbridge Road, Barking, reception pupils dressed as pirates. Older children chose their favourite fairy story characters, and their teachers even joined in.
On Friday schools continued celebrating. At St Vincent’s, Burnside Road, Dagenham, children dressed as animals, while at Northbury Infant School, North Street, Barking, there were famous fairytale and computer game characters.
At Rush Green primary, Dagenham Road, Rush Green, there was fun on the playground, while at Marsh Green Primary, South Close, Dagenham, youngsters took part in a parade.