Picture gallery: Barking and Dagenham pupils in Christmas spirit as proud parents look on
Traditional nativities, famous musicals and snowball fights were all performed on stage as youngsters put on shows for the festive season.
Our picture gallery shows pupils at infant, junior and primary schools across Barking and Dagenham, who have been showing off their singing, dancing and acting skills to teachers, parents and fellow pupils.
At John Perry Primary School, Charles Road, Dagenham, children in reception classes put on a nativity with stunning costumes for characters including the angels and the stars.
Grafton Infant School, Grafton Road, Parsloes Primary School, Spurling Road, both Dagenham, and Rush Green Infant School, Dagenham Road, Romford, also staged traditional nativities.
At Manor Infant School, Sandringham Road, Barking, children in Year 1 and Year 2 put on nativities called The Prickly Hay.
Youngsters at Beam Primary School, Oval Road North, Dagenham, took inspiration from the West End, with classes staging pieces from famous musicals.
Among them were scenes from The Wizard of Oz and the The Sound of Music, as well as a Bollywood routine. At Monteagle Primary School, Burnham Road, Dagenham, children staged a variety of shows, including a Christmas concert put on by Year 5 pupils.
- 1 Boy, 5, dies after 'unexplained' incident off Heathway
- 2 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 3 Dagenham woman to face trial on numerous robbery charges
- 4 Council leader on the borough's future, CPZs and receiving death threats
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 6 Dagenham cat with misshapen eye struggles to find home
- 7 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 8 'Staffing crisis' means children's hospice cannot offer end of life care
- 9 Schools and staff across east London up for national awards
- 10 Cycling festival coming to Barking
At Richard Alibon classes put on different scenes. Among them were Violet Class, who did a nativity, Blue Class, who performed a snowball fight scene, and Purple Class, where children portrayed scenes from A Christmas Carol.