Picture gallery: Barking and Dagenham pupils in Christmas spirit as proud parents look on
Traditional nativities, famous musicals and snowball fights were all performed on stage as youngsters put on shows for the festive season.
Our picture gallery shows pupils at infant, junior and primary schools across Barking and Dagenham, who have been showing off their singing, dancing and acting skills to teachers, parents and fellow pupils.
At John Perry Primary School, Charles Road, Dagenham, children in reception classes put on a nativity with stunning costumes for characters including the angels and the stars.
Grafton Infant School, Grafton Road, Parsloes Primary School, Spurling Road, both Dagenham, and Rush Green Infant School, Dagenham Road, Romford, also staged traditional nativities.
At Manor Infant School, Sandringham Road, Barking, children in Year 1 and Year 2 put on nativities called The Prickly Hay.
You may also want to watch:
Youngsters at Beam Primary School, Oval Road North, Dagenham, took inspiration from the West End, with classes staging pieces from famous musicals.
Among them were scenes from The Wizard of Oz and the The Sound of Music, as well as a Bollywood routine. At Monteagle Primary School, Burnham Road, Dagenham, children staged a variety of shows, including a Christmas concert put on by Year 5 pupils.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 PICTURES: People enjoy new 'rule of six' at Barking and Dagenham parks
- 4 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 5 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 6 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Column: Dagenham & Redbridge must strive for redemption
- 8 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 9 Hospital worker killed by ex-partner before he committed suicide, court hears
- 10 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
At Richard Alibon classes put on different scenes. Among them were Violet Class, who did a nativity, Blue Class, who performed a snowball fight scene, and Purple Class, where children portrayed scenes from A Christmas Carol.