Picture gallery: Barking and Dagenham pupils in Christmas spirit as proud parents look on
Traditional nativities, famous musicals and snowball fights were all performed on stage as youngsters put on shows for the festive season.
Our picture gallery shows pupils at infant, junior and primary schools across Barking and Dagenham, who have been showing off their singing, dancing and acting skills to teachers, parents and fellow pupils.
At John Perry Primary School, Charles Road, Dagenham, children in reception classes put on a nativity with stunning costumes for characters including the angels and the stars.
Grafton Infant School, Grafton Road, Parsloes Primary School, Spurling Road, both Dagenham, and Rush Green Infant School, Dagenham Road, Romford, also staged traditional nativities.
At Manor Infant School, Sandringham Road, Barking, children in Year 1 and Year 2 put on nativities called The Prickly Hay.
You may also want to watch:
Youngsters at Beam Primary School, Oval Road North, Dagenham, took inspiration from the West End, with classes staging pieces from famous musicals.
Among them were scenes from The Wizard of Oz and the The Sound of Music, as well as a Bollywood routine. At Monteagle Primary School, Burnham Road, Dagenham, children staged a variety of shows, including a Christmas concert put on by Year 5 pupils.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 6 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
- 10 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
At Richard Alibon classes put on different scenes. Among them were Violet Class, who did a nativity, Blue Class, who performed a snowball fight scene, and Purple Class, where children portrayed scenes from A Christmas Carol.