Pictures: Sports day fun as pupils celebrate Aspiration Week
- Credit: Archant
Children were inspired by top athletes as they threw themselves into a host of sporting activities.
The pupils from William Bellamy School, in Frizlands Lane, Dagenham, came together for a sports day.
They were visited by former professional footballer Shaun Stewart who was once a pupil at the school and two Olympic canoeists, including Stelian Naftanailia.
The event, on Friday, formed part of William Bellamy’s Aspiration Week, which gave youngsters the chance to meet a range of successful people.
These included a vice president of a Canary Wharf bank, a Royal Marine, and an engineer from the Ministry of Defence.
You may also want to watch:
Assistant headteacher Kelsey Clark-Davies, said: “Aspiration Week was a huge success.
“The pupils of our school are so lucky to have had the experience of meeting so many different inspiring professionals.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 5 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 8 College student selected as national finalist with pearly king photo series
- 9 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 10 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
“The children are buzzing with enthusiasm and are all set to try and reach for the stars.”
To see more photos click on our gallery link below.