Pictures: Sports day fun as pupils celebrate Aspiration Week
- Credit: Archant
Children were inspired by top athletes as they threw themselves into a host of sporting activities.
The pupils from William Bellamy School, in Frizlands Lane, Dagenham, came together for a sports day.
They were visited by former professional footballer Shaun Stewart who was once a pupil at the school and two Olympic canoeists, including Stelian Naftanailia.
The event, on Friday, formed part of William Bellamy’s Aspiration Week, which gave youngsters the chance to meet a range of successful people.
These included a vice president of a Canary Wharf bank, a Royal Marine, and an engineer from the Ministry of Defence.
You may also want to watch:
Assistant headteacher Kelsey Clark-Davies, said: “Aspiration Week was a huge success.
“The pupils of our school are so lucky to have had the experience of meeting so many different inspiring professionals.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
- 9 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 10 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
“The children are buzzing with enthusiasm and are all set to try and reach for the stars.”
To see more photos click on our gallery link below.