Pictures: Sports day fun as pupils celebrate Aspiration Week
- Credit: Archant
Children were inspired by top athletes as they threw themselves into a host of sporting activities.
The pupils from William Bellamy School, in Frizlands Lane, Dagenham, came together for a sports day.
They were visited by former professional footballer Shaun Stewart who was once a pupil at the school and two Olympic canoeists, including Stelian Naftanailia.
The event, on Friday, formed part of William Bellamy’s Aspiration Week, which gave youngsters the chance to meet a range of successful people.
These included a vice president of a Canary Wharf bank, a Royal Marine, and an engineer from the Ministry of Defence.
You may also want to watch:
Assistant headteacher Kelsey Clark-Davies, said: “Aspiration Week was a huge success.
“The pupils of our school are so lucky to have had the experience of meeting so many different inspiring professionals.
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 4 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 5 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 6 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 7 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Pedestrian crossing improvements after campaign by Dagenham pupils
“The children are buzzing with enthusiasm and are all set to try and reach for the stars.”
To see more photos click on our gallery link below.