POST CAMPAIGN: Help bring secondary school to Barking and Dagenham borough
The Barking and Dagenham Post has launched a campaign to help make plans for a new secondary school in the borough a reality.
The Barking Riverside development is in desperate need of a school as the shortage of places becomes an increasingly worrying situation.
The influx of housing will trigger a major spike in a growing population that already has the residents of the vast Thames View Estate to
contend with, making the need or a school south of the A13 ever more urgent.
Free school funding will accelerate the development of the school, named the Riverside Co-operative Free School, so that it could be up and running within years.
You may also want to watch:
Without it, residents could be waiting much longer while the issue of school place shortages becomes more desperate.
The Barking and Dagenham Co-operative Learning Partnership will submit its bid for free school funding at the end of February.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 6 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 7 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 8 Barking and Dagenham, Newham named priority areas by Arts Council
- 9 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
- 10 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
Your help is crucial in ensuring that the bid is a success.
Under government regulations, as many parents as possible from the catchment area must choose the Riverside School as first choice for their children.
Parents must have children in current Years 4 or 5, in time for 2013 or 2014 entry.
Without parental support, the bid will be rejected and the school will take much longer to materialise.
To register your support, visit www.riversidefreeschool.com and nominate Riverside School as your first choice before the end of February.
You will also need to give your name, postcode, the name of your child, and year group.